Continuation from 2.0 forum - No Authorization Code

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Homer Johnson

Continuation from 2.0 forum - No Authorization Code

Post by Homer Johnson » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:26 pm

I uninstalled Mod_rac and get this message when opening the forum (v2.0.x).

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/class065/public_html/class065_forum/language/lang_english/lang_main.php:1) in /home/class065/public_html/class065_forum/includes/page_header.php on line 483

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/class065/public_html/class065_forum/language/lang_english/lang_main.php:1) in /home/class065/public_html/class065_forum/includes/page_header.php on line 485

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/class065/public_html/class065_forum/language/lang_english/lang_main.php:1) in /home/class065/public_html/class065_forum/includes/page_header.php on line 486

I reinstalled the Mod_Rac and get the same thing.

If I try to reply or start new topic I get this.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/class065/public_html/class065_forum/language/lang_english/lang_main.php:1) in /home/class065/public_html/class065_forum/includes/functions.php on line 941

Anyone know what is going on? No backup and it doesn't really matter. If I can't save this how can I uninstall v2 and install v2. Just wipe it clean, I do not care. Thanks.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Continuation from 2.0 forum - No Authorization Code

Post by KevC » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:33 pm

You have a line or space at the start of the lang_main.php file. The very first character must be a <

As 2x support has now officially ended you should contact who ever was assisting you by PM to finish off the support for this issue.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Homer Johnson

Post by Homer Johnson » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:08 pm

Kevin Clark wrote:As 2x support has now officially ended you should contact who ever was assisting you by PM to finish off the support for this issue.
Kevin, I now have v3.0 installed. I'm wondering if it's possible to setup a password for registering on the forum. I was going to password protect the forum folder on my server. But then thought it would be better to have visitors enter a password before they could register. This would of course be known by the people registering. In that way anyone could browse and read the message but would have to enter a password in order to register and post messages. Thanks for any help.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:19 pm

Why not just turn on account activation by admin. Then if you know it's a real account you can turn it on.

Personally I think it's sending slightly mixed messages if you're going to let guests read everything but then if they want to post they have to find some secret code word to let them in. If it's someone you don't want they'll probably be able to find it anyway or someone will send it to them.

You can also set it up so the first x posts will not show up unless they are approved (admin panel>post settings).
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Homer Johnson

Post by Homer Johnson » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:02 pm

Thanks, Kevin. I'll look into your suggestion.

One other thing....... For now I have the forum folder on my server password protected. But I have to enter the user/pass twice each time I login to the forum. Someone mentioned in a thread somewhere to have a forward / at the end of the URL but it didn't work for me. Any ideas about this?

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:16 pm

No sorry. That'll be to do with sessions and/or cookies. That's not my field.
Cheap UK Hosting

Homer Johnson

Post by Homer Johnson » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:02 am

I finally got it working without having to login twice. If it will help someone else, here is what I did. I simply put in the complete URL to the site such as http://mywebsite.com/forum/index.php.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”