twilightBB

All 3.0.x styles released in our Styles Database can be found here. All discussion or support regarding an individual style should take place in that style's own area in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of releases and/or updates for styles. Any style support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each style.

A direct link to support for each Style is in the first post of the respective topic.
Styles Robot
Styles Queue Bot
Styles Queue Bot

twilightBB

Post by Styles Robot » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:17 am

Style name: twilightBB
Author: Daniel Exe
Style description: Very dark fluid style.
Style version: 1.0.18
Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.9

Download file: twilightBB_1.0.18.zip
File size: 449.12 KiB

Style overview page: View

The phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this Style. By installing this Style, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Styles Team may not be able to provide support.

-->Style support<--
Last edited by Styles Robot on Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 16 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Styles Team)

prototech
Former Team Member

twilightBB

Post by prototech » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:17 am

Style validated/released

Notes:
Need help with MOD/style installations or other phpBB problems? Contact me for a quote.

Daniel Exe

twilightBB

Post by Daniel Exe » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:17 am

For imageset language packs, PSD's and more, go to:
http://www.gamexe.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... f=1&t=1257

For a general phpBB3 Styles FAQ, please view the following post:
http://www.gamexe.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1672

If you like this style and would like to donate, then feel free to check out the following:
http://www.gamexe.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1352
Last edited by Daniel Exe on Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
My phpBB3 styles: 610nm, Cerulean, CoDFaction, DarkFantasy, GuildWarsAlliance, twilightBB
http://www.gamexe.net

emrulez

Re: twilightBB

Post by emrulez » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:49 pm

Hi Daniel,

Great them althoug I have a few problems.
I had a problem with some delay at my forum. It loaded very slow.

After discussing this with my host they told me that the style was looking for this file styles/twilightBB/template/styleswitcher.js
But it doesnt excists.

Could this be the cause? If yes could you delete the styleswitcher code?

Also do you have the PSD of the logo?

Thanx In advance.

P.S: I would like to translate the buttons to Dutch but the Psd is hard to work with because there is a text layer and another which is diffucult to edit. Could you help me out with that?

iCode86

Post by iCode86 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:22 pm

Is this style subsilver based?

Daniel Exe

Post by Daniel Exe » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:57 pm

@emrulez: I'm sorry, that code must not have been removed from when I first started developing the style. I'll be sure to remove it in a next version. In the mean time, you can change it yourself by opening template/overall_header.html, searching for "styleswitcher.js" and removing its line.

@iCode86: Yes, it is subSilver2-based. As of this moment, all styles that I've created are subSilver2 based, although I'm currently working on creating a new proSilver-based one.
My phpBB3 styles: 610nm, Cerulean, CoDFaction, DarkFantasy, GuildWarsAlliance, twilightBB

RX7

Post by RX7 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:41 am

Hi Daniel, nice style :)

I'm not very used to have to edit two images on top (site_logo.gif and head-jpg)

So on your style I gave "site_logo.gif" a full transparent image and worked on the "header.jpg" but I have a problem. The current image have 99 pixels height and if I created an image with 150 pixels, to be more visible, but it appears cutted when I upload. How can I edit this field to a new specific height ou tell him to read 100% of the image.

Another thing also related to the top of the style, I wanted to give some space fo the header won't be touching the limit of the window.

Last thing, if I edit images like: forum read, forum locked, etc.. --- are those also size limited or there won't be a problem here?

TIA :D

RX7

Post by RX7 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:09 am

Can someone help?

I edited the stylesheet.css on the field where is showed header.jpg, it had height 99pixels and I changed to 165; I cleared the cache but still showed the image cutted.

dvusdesigns

Post by dvusdesigns » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:54 am

Two basic questions... im a newbie...

1.) i cant seem to find where to change the orange color of the "your first category" , "topics" etc. text could you direct me as to where that is?
2.) how do I make the main logo gif larger and eiher change it to a png or get rid of the white? I couldnt find the code for the site_logo.gif in the css... could you direct me as to where it is?

Thanks!

dvusdesigns

Post by dvusdesigns » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:55 am

in regard to my post... heres the link http://insideaustyn.com/phpbb/

RX7

Post by RX7 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:03 pm

The theme seems few supported :(

dvusdesigns

Post by dvusdesigns » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:25 pm

can anyone assist me on the 2 questions above... it does not need to be the creator...just need to figure out those two issues as im under a time crunch with a client... any help would be appreciated greatly...thank you

Daniel Exe

Post by Daniel Exe » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:08 pm

RX7 wrote:Hi Daniel, nice style :)

I'm not very used to have to edit two images on top (site_logo.gif and head-jpg)

So on your style I gave "site_logo.gif" a full transparent image and worked on the "header.jpg" but I have a problem. The current image have 99 pixels height and if I created an image with 150 pixels, to be more visible, but it appears cutted when I upload. How can I edit this field to a new specific height ou tell him to read 100% of the image.

Another thing also related to the top of the style, I wanted to give some space fo the header won't be touching the limit of the window.

Last thing, if I edit images like: forum read, forum locked, etc.. --- are those also size limited or there won't be a problem here?

TIA :D
After modifying stylesheet.css you need to go to ACP, Styles, twilightBB and clear the theme. The same applies to when you modify the size of any forum icons, in which case you'll need to modify the appropriate cfg file, and then reset the imageset from the ACP.
dvusdesigns wrote:Two basic questions... im a newbie...

1.) i cant seem to find where to change the orange color of the "your first category" , "topics" etc. text could you direct me as to where that is?
2.) how do I make the main logo gif larger and eiher change it to a png or get rid of the white? I couldnt find the code for the site_logo.gif in the css... could you direct me as to where it is?

Thanks!
You'll need to modify the cfg file found in imageset, and then reset your imageset from ACP, Styles, twilightBB for the changes to take effect. As for the orange, that can all be modified from the stylesheet.css. When modifying any style in which you'd like to change the colour, simply take a screenshot, use the eye dropper tool to find what the hex colour is (ie: #000000) and then do a search for that value in the stylesheet file. That's how I got about doing things. :)
RX7 wrote:The theme seems few supported :(
I try to maintain support frequently, but with exams and scholarship deadlines right now, it's difficult to commit so much time. And certain things have been answered several times, including how you need to clear the cache, theme and imageset in order for changes to take effect - a simple search would have proven helpful. But I'll try to make things easier for users shortly as I work on writing a basic FAQ for my various styles.

RX7

Post by RX7 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:51 am

I understand :) Thank you for the help ;) My problem still remains to the "Header.jpg". I edited the code on Stylesheet.css andset his height from 99px to 165px and in a few lines below I also gave an "adjustment". Then I cleared the Cache first time and second I re-installed, but no sucess.

Stylesheet.css

Code: Select all

#banner {
	background: url('{T_THEME_PATH}/images/header.jpg') top center no-repeat; 
	height: 165px;
	text-align: center;
}

#header {
	background: url('{T_THEME_PATH}/images/top_bg.jpg') top center no-repeat; 
	height: 200px;
	text-align: center;
If you have other thread where you explain this changes to your styles, please let me know ;)

RX7

Post by RX7 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:38 pm

Ok, finally got it. When I re-installed I didn't know I had to clear the rest of files from imageset, template, etc.. I tried and worked :D

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Database Releases”