heavily moded 3.0.0 upgrading to fresh 3.0.4

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
grover66

heavily moded 3.0.0 upgrading to fresh 3.0.4

Post by grover66 »

Long overdue, but ive decided to upgrade from gold to the latest version of phpBB.
I think I will stick with a plain vanilla phpBB from now on to keep upgrades as easy as possible.

I tried doing a fresh install of 3.0.4 then attached it to a copy of the 3.0.0 database, that gave me this error
---------
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column 't.template_inherits_id' in 'field list' [1054]
---------

I am reluctant about doing an auto upgrade from the admin panel because I have a number of mods and I dont know if it will get messed up.

Im not sure what the best way is to go about this.

Any ideas ?
thanks.
JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Re: heavily moded 3.0.0 upgrading to fresh 3.0.4

Post by JimA »

First of all, you can't use a database from 3.0.0 on 3.0.4. You need to upload the install folder and go to: install/database_update.php to update your current database to 3.0.4.
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
grover66

Re: heavily moded 3.0.0 upgrading to fresh 3.0.4

Post by grover66 »

JimA wrote:First of all, you can't use a database from 3.0.0 on 3.0.4. You need to upload the install folder and go to: install/database_update.php to update your current database to 3.0.4.
ahh thanks, I tried that it worked perfect.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”