[ABD] Profile Control Panel

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
60%
Very Good
19%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
9%

Total votes: 434

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[ABD] Profile Control Panel

Post by Extensions Robot » Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:21 pm

Classification: 58 Profile

MOD Name: Profile Control Panel
Author: Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr
MOD Description: This mod add a control panel for users of your board.

Features included :
  • Front-office :
  • Friend and ignore list,
  • user-customizable member list,
  • list of the subscribed topics,
  • online/offline/hidden indicator,
  • summer time (DST) management (user and admin),
  • user groups display,
  • gender (based on gender mod by Niels Chr < ncr@db9.dk >),
  • gender on rank titles,
  • birthday date, anniversary whish,
  • signature preview/editor,
  • anti-robotic registration, disabling via ACP,
  • realname, phone/fax numbers,
  • user information display management by the user and restriction by the admin,
  • hide picture (avatar, signature, pic in post),
  • admin management from standard user link,
  • color for mods, admin and standard user set by the CSS,
  • private messages management integrated,

Programming :
  • more friendly programmers adding fields to users table,
  • modulated menu and sub-menu management,
  • add fields to users table and to display in the admin config panel,
  • edit your language entries in the admin config panel
Disclaimer: This MOD is no longer supported by the author. (8/28/06)
Categories Hierarchy includes large parts of the functionality.

MOD Version: 2.0.0
Installation Level: Intermediate
Installation Time: ~ 30 Minutes

Download File: mod-profilcp-200-1.zip
File Size: 534350 Bytes

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:34 pm

Again, this MOD was not thoroughly validated, but we are making a one-time exception.

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
No Support via PM please!

Without_Boundaries

Post by Without_Boundaries » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:12 pm

Ok. Installed ok, but then I get this error at the top of all pages:
Warning: init_userprefs(./.././profilcp/functions_profile.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\functions.php on line 229

Warning: init_userprefs(): Failed opening './.././profilcp/functions_profile.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\functions.php on line 229

And this is what appears when I go to my index.php page:
Warning: init_userprefs(././profilcp/functions_profile.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\functions.php on line 229

Warning: init_userprefs(): Failed opening '././profilcp/functions_profile.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\functions.php on line 229

Warning: main(./profilcp/functions_profile.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\page_header.php on line 32

Warning: main(): Failed opening './profilcp/functions_profile.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\page_header.php on line 32

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_user_level_class() in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\page_header.php on line 189

Got any idea what happened?

faunus

Re: [2.0.6] Profile Control Panel

Post by faunus » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:15 pm

how to use cash mod 2.2.1 in Ptirhiik's PCP (Profile Control Panel) Mod 2.0.0 ?

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0

I can't find this way, just can find PCP 1.0.1..

Without_Boundaries

Post by Without_Boundaries » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:18 pm

Yeah, that is also happening to me. I might sort out the install file for the cash tomorrow if someone reminds me.

Btw, I'm running this on my local board. I wanted to test it all out before installing on my live board. Only problem may be fixing the install to work with the mods I already use :P

Diskmaster

Post by Diskmaster » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:24 pm

Without_Boundaries wrote: Ok. Installed ok, but then I get this error at the top of all pages:
Warning: init_userprefs(./.././profilcp/functions_profile.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\functions.php on line 229

Warning: init_userprefs(): Failed opening './.././profilcp/functions_profile.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\functions.php on line 229

And this is what appears when I go to my index.php page:
Warning: init_userprefs(././profilcp/functions_profile.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\functions.php on line 229

Warning: init_userprefs(): Failed opening '././profilcp/functions_profile.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\functions.php on line 229

Warning: main(./profilcp/functions_profile.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\page_header.php on line 32

Warning: main(): Failed opening './profilcp/functions_profile.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\page_header.php on line 32

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_user_level_class() in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\page_header.php on line 189

Got any idea what happened?

Judging from the errors, you forgot to upload /profilcp/functions_profile.php.
Murphy's Law is recursive.

Benjette

Post by Benjette » Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:27 am

is there a way to install this mod without it overriding username and title effects purchased in the shop mod?

Kimiko

Post by Kimiko » Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:53 am

Nevermind, I had someone help me with this off the board.

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:16 am

Be sure to follow the exact copies mentioned in the mod install description, and to move files in place (they not fit in the same directories than the one present in the mod pack).
  • Important note
    Be sure after the install to go to you ACP, hit Config+, and set once all options to "Yes" (don't forget to submit each form). Then after having done this, just set the preferences you want for your board :).

Tutorials/Docs about adding fields, modifying existing panels and so
    Some tutorials are already available Here : they will allow you to start with the administration tools available in the Admin Control Panel. Be sure to always save your profilcp/def/ directory before doing any modifications :).

Some contributions have also already been made by people using the Profile Control Panel, available Here. Note I don't support them, the authors do (and do well btw) :).

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:19 am

A manipulation has to be done also to allow the messengers buttons to appear for other people. Here is what to do :
  • go to the admin configuration panel,
  • choose classes menu,
  • choose the class "messangers",
  • go to the field "User field",
  • erase the space at the end of the value "user_viewmessanger ",
  • Hit "Submit", you get the achievement message, all is ok :).

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:43 am

Be aware also that this mod is a rewrite of the standard usercp, so no used mod will be apply-able directly to it suiting the mod install description (except of course if the mod author proposes a version for PCP) : it will require an adaptation for the Profile Control Panel.

Hopefully, as a lot of mods existing today are only adding a field to the various screen, you will be able to add this by yourself, making it live for the viewtopic, viewprofile, even member list without editing a line of php or tpl file :). Although, some advanced fields will require to write some service functions. You can browse the tutorial forum and the add-on forum to get some samples.

Kimiko

Post by Kimiko » Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:49 am

Thanks for that added information. My problem was since upgrading to 2.06 I wasn't able to go to the ACP, which is why I was having those other problems as well, but it's all fixed and done now. Thanks again!

ElizabeththeGrey

Post by ElizabeththeGrey » Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:51 am

yay! finally released! :)

trekken46

a slight problem

Post by trekken46 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:53 am

i have just installed this mod on to a fresh install of phpbb. and after the 1st post i notice a small problem.

the reply is 2x the size of the 1st post and is 2x the width and height. the url is http://www.slip-point.com/minkchan and you can see the problem under Welcome!

please help, this is an awesome mod and i'd hate for it to mess with my board. i do apologize for the bad description of the problem, thanks for any help you can give.

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:38 am

You made an error applying the mod on viewtopic_body.tpl (probably inserting something after rather than before). Recheck it :). You will find here the modified files pack on a vanilia phpbb 2.0.6 to compare with your modifications.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”