Authorized for URLs

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Authorized for URLs

Post by Extensions Robot » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:58 pm

Modification name: Authorized for URLs
Author: RMcGirr83
Modification description: A new group/user permission which allows you to specify specific groups/users to allow the posting of url links. If not authed for posting of URL links, then the ability to post image links is also denied (image links are url links).

Custom support is given at this forum
Modification version: 1.0.4.a
Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.4

Download file: authorized_url.zip
File size: 34.29 KiB

Modification overview page: View

The phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Extensions Team may not be able to provide support.

-->Modification support<--
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 11 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Authorized for URLs

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:58 pm

Modification validated/released

Notes:
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Authorized for URLs

Post by RMcGirr83 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:58 pm

Thanks Josh!!

:)

You can choose to have either/or email links and/or bbcode image tags ignored by adjusting two entries in the includes/authorized_url.php file.

Board Admin sets what user and/or group is allowed to have auths to post url links by granting a new permission to a specific user(s) and/or a specific group(s).

If a user/group does not have the auth to post url links then posts containing the following:

somebody@somebody.org
http://somebody.org
http://www.somebody.org
http://www.somebody.org
http://www.somebody.co.uk
rmcgirr83.org
[img ]http://www.somebody.org/mods/blah.jpg[/img]

etc.., etc...will get denied upon submit and an error shown stating what the offending phrase is. Works on posts as well as signatures as well as private messages.

Board Founders are, naturally, exempt from such trivial things. ;)

Dev Topic
Last edited by RMcGirr83 on Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

glitzyglamgirl

Re: Authorized for URLs

Post by glitzyglamgirl » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:44 pm

Trust me to be the first with a problem :lol:

This mod is great, after a recent influx of spammers, I have been able prevent new members from posting links, viewing profiles and sending pm's until they are approved by me. You may well have saved my sanity!

However, I seem to have a problem with posting.php

When I go to make a new reply/topic, I get the following text across the top of the page;

"Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file in D:\Hosting\3117895\html\phpbb3\posting.php on line 594"

This is the line it refers to

Code: Select all

auth_msg = authorized_url(utf8_normalize_nfc(request_var('message', '',true)), &$img_status);
The text within the page is also much larger than normal. Posts can still be made, so its not preventing anything, it just looks nasty.

Thanks x

barryoneoff

Post by barryoneoff » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:39 pm

This looks like another great mod. Will install as soon as I can. :)
Click above to support St. Josephs Hospice.
Barryoneoff's London. ... City of London walks.

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:52 am

glitzyglamgirl wrote:This is the line it refers to

auth_msg = authorized_url(utf8_normalize_nfc(request_var('message', '',true)), &$img_status);
The text within the page is also much larger than normal. Posts can still be made, so its not preventing anything, it just looks nasty.

Thanks x
Fixed in latest version.
Last edited by RMcGirr83 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer

madd74

Post by madd74 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:07 pm

I am in LOVE with this mod. I like to keep a few things open for guest posting, especially concerning my kid. Nothing but bots despite using CAPTCHA. Oddly enough, I was able to stop both reg and posts by bots in two ways that do not involve CAPTCHA.

To stop posting, I installed this beautiful MOD (please note, the download has not been updated so if you use this program make sure to do the edit as mentioned above).

Second, to stop reg, I put a required field in reg that asked for a number between x and y, and I have not seen a single reg bot since. After doing a test with this MOD, I found attempting to put any http made the post fail, telling me "warning, you must remove...". So at this time, all BOTS are considered destroyed!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS MOD, AS THIS SHOULD BE A MANDATORY MOD FOR ANYONE ATTEMPTING TO KEEP SPAM FROM HAPPENING!

:mrgreen:

I know one thing that many people would most likely enjoy seeing, would be the ability of setting how many posts you have to make before you can post URL. This would be the ultimate addition, I feel, to an already BEAUTIFUL MOD! (can you tell I detest spam bots?)

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:53 pm

Thanks for the very kind words.

Concerning the number of posts, there is a mod that has been validated that will add a user to a specific group after so many posts...once they are added to that group and you, as the admin, set the correct permissions for the group in regards to url links, then you will have what you are seeking.

This mod can also be used as a type of "incentive" mod, whether that incentive be either number of posts or "donation" type of incentives.

Still appreciate the kind words none the less. :D

nedu
I've Been Banned!

Post by nedu » Tue May 05, 2009 7:16 pm

No way, it does not works.
Do not use it as long you don't want to ruin your existing forum...
Sorrrrry but that it is.
Not speaking about the blurred explanations in DIY.
I believed in this phpBB forum community but it seams to me that here can post anyone any kind of MOD
that can ruin your one year work in less than a minute.
Sorry, again.
I will try to avoid the mods published here and to use only the ones sogned from few GOOD names that
are publishing here.

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 » Tue May 05, 2009 7:49 pm

nedu wrote:No way, it does not works.
Do not use it as long you don't want to ruin your existing forum...
Sorrrrry but that it is.
Sorry, but you are just plain WRONG!! Why do you say it doesn't work?
Last edited by RMcGirr83 on Thu May 07, 2009 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

barryoneoff

Post by barryoneoff » Tue May 05, 2009 11:27 pm

Works OK for me. :roll: As do all of the mods I have chosen to install. Is there a slight chance that it may be errors on your part that ruin your forums?
Click above to support St. Josephs Hospice.
Barryoneoff's London. ... City of London walks.

mtrs

Post by mtrs » Tue May 05, 2009 11:53 pm

I have also installed this mod first at development topic. It just works fine and easy to install. It only requires a few file edits and adding a permission.
I abandoned all of my mods.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Authorized for URLs

Post by DavidIQ » Sun May 10, 2009 4:24 am

MOD Updated to version 1.0.4.a
See first post for Download Link
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

darkone_d1_2000

Post by darkone_d1_2000 » Fri May 22, 2009 1:54 pm

I haven't installed this mod yet but will it allow you to block users posting links or images up to a certain post count and then unlock the user to post images? Basically I would like be able to block the registered users group from creating links/images until they reach 5 posts is that possible?

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 » Fri May 22, 2009 2:11 pm

darkone_d1_2000 wrote:I haven't installed this mod yet but will it allow you to block users posting links or images up to a certain post count and then unlock the user to post images? Basically I would like be able to block the registered users group from creating links/images until they reach 5 posts is that possible?
Well yeah...sort of.

First way,

If you installed the Auto Groups Mod then you could remove the permission to post urls from registered users and make it so that if a user has > 5 posts is moved into a group that has the authorizations to post url links.

Second way,

More "hackish" but here ya go none the less. Open each file that the mod has you make edits on. Within the edits this mod adds is this

if(!$auth->acl_get('u_url') && $user->data['user_type'] != USER_FOUNDER)
just change to this instead

if(!$auth->acl_get('u_url') && $user->data['user_type'] != USER_FOUNDER && $user->data['user_posts'] < 5)
If the user has more than five posts, there is no check done on the users post/sig for url links.

If it were me, I would do the first option because then you are given more control of what "limits" you can set on your users.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”