[MODDB] Ultimate Points 1.0.6

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
femu

Re: [RC] Ultimate Points 1.0.2

Post by femu »

napus wrote:
femu wrote:
stokerpiller wrote:Get this error when adding a game in the phpbb arcade:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_posting.php on line 1944: Undefined index: user_points
I have installed the addon for the arcade.
Yeah. We already noticed that. This happens, if a third party mod is sending posts. We already fixed it and it will be in the next release.

Regards,
femu
This is not third part mod, this is when arcade trying to generate a post in designated forum, so the UPS can't recognize a poster to reword him.
Arcade is from our point of view a thrid-party mod. So it's not phpbb, not a "normal" user and not UPS, but a third one, who writes automatic posts ;)

But anyway. It's fixed and will be in the next update.

Regards,
Felix
Regards, femu

Post by Mircea007 »

anybody tried this mod with the medal mod ? does it work
Flash Games like you never seen before
Rebell

Post by Rebell »

Very nice mod thanks !
OLDSKOOLDEMOMAKER FORUMS : http://kickme.to/osdm
make demos like in the good old days on amiga or c64 without programming knowledge !
wolfman24

Post by wolfman24 »

Mircea007 wrote:anybody tried this mod with the medal mod ? does it work
Short answer: Yes!
Etaria

Post by Etaria »

Beautiful mod. Thank you!!

I do have a question - for some reason, whenever someone posts, they get 5 points plus whatever I have set in the ACP. I have .01 for each word.

Is hits normal to have the 5 additional points? Not sure if I missed something somewhere. Thank you in advance :)
femu

Post by femu »

Etaria wrote:Beautiful mod. Thank you!!

I do have a question - for some reason, whenever someone posts, they get 5 points plus whatever I have set in the ACP. I have .01 for each word.

Is hits normal to have the 5 additional points? Not sure if I missed something somewhere. Thank you in advance :)
Check your forum settings (forum tab in ACP). Here you can set the points for new topic, new post (reply, quote) and edits per every single forum.
Regards, femu

Post by Etaria »

Femu: Thank you for the tip. I looked though, and I do not see anywhere to set this under the forums tab. I posted a SS of the forums tab of what I see. Where exactly is it?

Here is the only place I see to alter points, and nothing has a value of 5. So I am not sure why every post is getting an additional 5 points. This is on the .mods tab.

Gumfuzi

Post by Gumfuzi »

Sounds great - i think i will change over to this mod as soon the arcade mod will support it. for now, i use the cash mod (from handyman).

meanwhile i have a feature request:
a possibility to put the money into some stocks, ACP-defines "companies" with a random stock-course (max loss and win possibility (in percent) selectable via ACP).
(there was an "vault" mod in phpBB2, but i think it has never been updated to phpBB3)

so maybe you are thinking about this and can also insert such a feature - would be great!
darkonia

Post by darkonia »

the vault mod is in work
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.
Gumfuzi

Post by Gumfuzi »

oh, glad to hear this!
Etaria

Post by Etaria »

Does anyone know, if you are able to set which forums can get points? And also, where it says in the ACP under MODS tab for lotteries, how exactly does the drawing period work? For example, if you put in 4 hours. Does that mean a lottery will be held in 4 hours, and then every 4 hours after that?

Also, if anyone knows the answer to my mysterious 5 point question above, that would be great :) !

EDIT: I am not sure if it is a bug or if I did something wrong or am ignorant and not knowing how this mod exactly works, but somehow, people purchased tickets. I then went in to change the date, I ended up with a date that has already passed, and all tickets that that people had purchased disappeared.
femu

Post by femu »

Gumfuzi wrote:Sounds great - i think i will change over to this mod as soon the arcade mod will support it. for now, i use the cash mod (from handyman).
Here we have a quick-fix for the Arcade RC8. You can build it in without getting problems, when RC9 will be released, as in normal cases all files from the Arcade are overwritten ;-)
Gumfuzi wrote:meanwhile i have a feature request:
a possibility to put the money into some stocks, ACP-defines "companies" with a random stock-course (max loss and win possibility (in percent) selectable via ACP).
(there was an "vault" mod in phpBB2, but i think it has never been updated to phpBB3)

so maybe you are thinking about this and can also insert such a feature - would be great!
This one is already on the feature list. But as I already said. First step: the current UPS needs to be free of bugs. Second step: It has to pas the MOD-DB. And if these two things are done, we will start to enhance the mod ;)

Regards,
femu
Regards, femu

Post by femu »

Sorry for the late reply, but due to the time difference ... :lol:
Etaria wrote:Also, if anyone knows the answer to my mysterious 5 point question above, that would be great :) !
For the very first one ... EDIT your forums ....

Etaria wrote:Does anyone know, if you are able to set which forums can get points? And also, where it says in the ACP under MODS tab for lotteries, how exactly does the drawing period work? For example, if you put in 4 hours. Does that mean a lottery will be held in 4 hours, and then every 4 hours after that?
Exactly. Whatever you put there. It will be the draw time until you change it. But I recommend at least 24h like in real life.
Etaria wrote:EDIT: I am not sure if it is a bug or if I did something wrong or am ignorant and not knowing how this mod exactly works, but somehow, people purchased tickets. I then went in to change the date, I ended up with a date that has already passed, and all tickets that that people had purchased disappeared.
Can you tell us, what exactly you were doing? Changeing from what to what?

Thanks
femu
Regards, femu

Post by Gumfuzi »

Thank you, femu, for your quick infos!
elf_fu

Post by elf_fu »

phpbb3 version: 3.0.5
Mods installed: Redbar3, FAQ Manager, ACP Announcement Center, AutoMod
Template: fae_forest based on prosilver
Installed: By hand! Not by AutoMod.

Hi there! We decided to go ahead and install UP 1.0.2 for our RPG forums. The install appeared to work fine, users tested out the lottery, bank, robbery as well as donations. Everything went off without a hitch except for the math seems to be wrong--I have to enter negative values in the words per post as it seems to be adding 1 to any value I enter.

Points per Topic seems to be adding 2.8 extra to whatever value I set ACP.

For example if I set Points Per Word Per Post to 1.00 and type five words and hit post, I end up 10 points where I should get five.

Has anyone else experience this and/or can anyone give us any advice on how to clear this up?
2phatgeeks.com--powered by coffee, T.I.E fighters and pew!pew!

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”