Anti All Uppercase Letters

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Post by Extensions Robot »

Modification name: Anti All Uppercase Letters
Author: mtrs
Modification description: Prevents or corrects all uppercase-capital letters in post texts and/or topic titles. It can be configured to make first letters of topic titles uppercase, and can prevent a few repetitive [!,.,?] characters in topic title. Also adds two user permissions to ignore or to be subject to all uppercase correction always.
Modification version: 1.0.1
Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.5

Download file: Anti_All_Uppercase_v1.0.1.zip
File size: 132.45 KiB

Modification overview page: View

The phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Extension Customisations Team may not be able to provide support.

-->Modification support<--
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:37 pm, edited 12 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

Modification validated/released

Notes:
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
mtrs

Post by mtrs »

Thank you MOD Team, for validating this mod.
AutoMOD installs 1.0.1 on 3.0.7-PL1 just fine. Using AutoMOD is recommended.
Also, don't forget to run database update script after file edits. See DIY section in install.xml

You may need to increase legend number if it is used before in ACP edits. Ex. legend4 => legend5
WARNING: Automatic text correction function is imperfect, DO NOT enable auto-correction if you need a perfect correction, deny all caps message instead.

Features:
  • Prevents or corrects all uppercase (NO ALL CAPS) letters in topic title (al least 4 chars length) and post_text (containing at least 20 chars)
  • Ability to set allowed uppercase characters ratio at ACP (default %80)
  • Regardless of other configurations, it can make first letters of topic titles uppercase.
  • Post count limit (default 10) to enable mod for users fewer posts than limit.
  • Ability to enable only for some certain users.
  • Ability to prevent e few repetitive characters in topic title
  • Does not correct topic titles in post edit mode
Demo URL: Demo URL
Demo topic
Username: demo
Password: demo-1
- To test topic title all uppercase correction, open a new topic containing at least 4 characters long
- To test all uppercase post/reply/quote correction, post a new topic or reply/quote in a topic with at least 20 characters (A-Z) long text at demo board.

ACP control options:
ACP -> General -> Post Settings -> Anti all uppercase letters
anit_all_uppercase_acp.png
anit_all_uppercase_acp.png (19.87 KiB) Viewed 7647 times
Old Development topic: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1216555
Last edited by mtrs on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:50 am, edited 6 times in total.
I abandoned all of my mods.
DoYouSpeakWak

Re: Anti All Uppercase Letters

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

Congrats on getting this mod validated. Its a great mod and it has allready saved me some moderation of a few topics. :)

Thx
Whatever you share comes back. Support the phpBB Communities
My Validated and Released Modifications
Offering paid services. 10+ years of experience with phpBB3 and as System Administrator.
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Interesting one. :)
To request support for our extensions you can also contact me here: phpBB Studio

Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you! 🚀
Lisbon

Post by Lisbon »

I have my config like this:

But after a "." if i put a smile whit code like: eusa_pray they come like: Eusa_pray and the smile is not visibel, juste the code.

Who to solve this?
mtrs

Post by mtrs »

Lisbon wrote:But after a "." if i put a smile whit code like: eusa_pray they come like: Eusa_pray and the smile is not visibel, juste the code.

Who to solve this?
mtrs wrote:WARNING: Automatic text correction function is imperfect, DO NOT enable auto-correction if you need a perfect correction, deny all caps message instead.
SuperBaby

Post by SuperBaby »

This is a good mod. Unfortunately it treats all Chinese characters as upper case. So if the forum has both English and Chinese input, it cannot be used. I was forced to uninstall it although I quite like it.

Also, for those who is going to install it. You need to modify 2 files: posting.php and acp_board.php. The instruction is under install.xml. This was not properly told.
Janwawa Group Tour Management
http://janwawa.com
mtrs

Post by mtrs »

SuperBaby wrote:This is a good mod. Unfortunately it treats all Chinese characters as upper case. So if the forum has both English and Chinese input, it cannot be used. I was forced to uninstall it although I quite like it.
I tested only on English, Turkish language boards, mod uses UTF8 functions. There is a simlar_text() php function which compares original text and text made all uppercase by UTF8 functions, then detects the % uppercase letters ratio by comparing both of them.
It seems, it fails with Chinese characters.
SuperBaby wrote:Also, for those who is going to install it. You need to modify 2 files: posting.php and acp_board.php. The instruction is under install.xml. This was not properly told.
That info is in install.xml file,
Files to Edit
* posting.php,
* includes/acp/acp_board.php
DIY Instructions
Point and run your browser at /install_anti_all_uppercase.php
Enable the mod at "ACP/General/Post Settings/Anti all uppercase letters"
To set ignore or compulsory uppercase check permissions, go to "USERS AND GROUPS/Users' permissions/ Post/
I believe it is simple, you can easily install it with automod or manually, then run install script and enable and configure it at ACP.
Lisbon

Post by Lisbon »

Whem this mod is enable and i tray to edit a topic comme this:

Its normal?

Tks for help
mtrs

Post by mtrs »

I tested again, if there is not any character in posting editor, it gives that error. I also tested on a vanilla board, without any mod, same error comes.
So, it is normal and not related to this mod.
autinhyeu

Post by autinhyeu »

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_split() in /home/hnsv/autinhyeu.com/forum/includes/functions_lowercase.php on line 146
error when i try reply a post :(
EDIT: ok, i had found it at here http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0#p9005745 :) thanks
phpBB Community in Vietnamese: http://www.phpbbvn.com

Sorry, my English language is fine impossible
Lisbon

Post by Lisbon »

Lisbon wrote:Whem this mod is enable and i tray to edit a topic comme this:

Its normal?

Tks for help
mtrs wrote:I tested again, if there is not any character in posting editor, it gives that error. I also tested on a vanilla board, without any mod, same error comes.
So, it is normal and not related to this mod.
But my problem can be because this?

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p10050715
Lisbon

Post by Lisbon »

Can wi ignore the smiles on this mod?

Tks
Anyasha
Name: Anyasha

Post by Anyasha »

My board is all English but this MOD gives the "it is not allowed to use all capital letters" error regardless of what the user types. Even all lowercase letters triggers the error, so I had to turn it off and will probably uninstall it.
Kiss me, I'm Polish!

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”