HELP!!! What's Wrong With my phpBB!!!

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Batsu

HELP!!! What's Wrong With my phpBB!!!

Post by Batsu » Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:38 am

If I Open my phpBB... I Found this:

Warning: Unknown(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/kaitou/public_html/forum/portal.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/ffindo:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(/home/kaitou/public_html/forum/portal.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/home/kaitou/public_html/forum/portal.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

HOW TO FIX IT??? PLEASE HELP

sgantman

Post by sgantman » Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:30 am

i am getting the same kind of errors!

Drexion
Former Team Member

Post by Drexion » Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:53 am

The 'open_basedir restriction' is a hosting restriction. There may be another reason, but some hosts use it as a means of helping to prevent malicious scripts from being run. (especially in certain directories)

Basically the folder which you have uploaded the phpBB forum to has this restriction in effect - there is nothing we can do, you have to contact your host for support. (or possibly move the 'phpBB2' folder to a location not under this restriction?)

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”