[MODDB] Disable Email [0.1.0]

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Graham
Former Team Member

[MODDB] Disable Email [0.1.0]

Post by Graham »

This MOD adds an option to the Admin Control Panel under the COnfiguration options to completely turn off emails from the forum.

This is useful on hosts where neither PHP mail not SMTP are available.
Last edited by Graham on Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database

da_badtz_one

Post by da_badtz_one »

Thanx :D

XotiC

Post by XotiC »

awsome :D

dobsoncentral

Post by dobsoncentral »

This is exactly what I'm looking for, however it doesn't seem to work for me. Does it work with phpBB 2.0.8a? I verified the code throughout and everything is there, yet I don't see an option under the configuration to disable this feature. I've even went so far as copied the files in the zip to their exact locations and over wrote everything in my directory. Still nothing.

Thanks for any assistance!
Ken Dobson

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

It should work on 2.0.8a However, if you use a template other than subSilver, you will need to make the template changes to that template as well in order to see the configuration options.

skoolgirl

Post by skoolgirl »

I downloaded it, and I'm guess I just upload it all and replace my current files with these?

I'm taking caution and waiting until I know for sure, I dont want to mess up what I already have.

any help is appreciated

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

Generally I would suggest editing the relevant files manually (or with EasyMOD) as per the instructions, but if you would rather not do that, then yes you can just overwrite the existing files with the pre-MODded ones supplied.

HL2 Freak

Post by HL2 Freak »

how should i go about installing this? any links?

Concho

Post by Concho »

Hi, will this mod fix the problems I'm having with my newly installed board? When a new user tries to register after pressing submit on the registration screen they get the following error:

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : /home/fhlinux194/n/nutrition-forum.co.uk/user/htdocs/forum/includes/emailer.php

Then they can't use the board unless I activate each user myself on the admin panel.

Also whenever I try to send mass email I get an error:

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : /home/fhlinux194/n/nutrition-forum.co.uk/user/htdocs/forum/includes/emailer.php

Will this mod fix this and let people still register (Will it mean they don't need to verify by email before they join? I don't mind that as long as it works!)

Thanks
Concho!

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

It will basically prevent any function in the software from sending email so it should prevent those errors, yes.

NB: For anyone looking at this MOD, the pre-MOD files included are for 2.0.8 ONLY and should not be used on a 2.0.10 forum, you will need to apply the changes manual for that version until I can update them.

Concho

Post by Concho »

This is fantastic, works a treat. Thanks.

:D

Concho - www.nutrition-forum.co.uk
Concho!

sutherlandandrew

Post by sutherlandandrew »

omg thank God i found this..... :D :D :D

spellvexit

Follow the instructions?

Post by spellvexit »

I followed the link at the beginning of this topic and downloaded the appropriate file, yet I am puzzled by the exhortation to follow the instructions, as the "readme" file is extremely basic and provides no installation instructions. In going to

http://www.grahameames.co.uk/phpbb/down ... _0.1.0.zip

I am unable to download the file (Just in case this zip had more of these purported instructions).

I'm pretty new to the mod game and PHPBB tweaking in general, but I'm usually not new to readme files. Is there something I'm missing here?

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

You need to look at the .mod file in the download. It gives the instructions on installing the MOD.

See also the tutorial on installing MODs

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”