This mod is inspired by the auto-translate
feature in FFXI (Final Fantasy XI) and FFXIV (Final Fantasy XIV) and intends to perform the same functionality (and more). It allows users to pick (from a pre-determined list) a phrase/word to use in a post. So a user posts something like "Nice to meet you!" and it will show up in the other supported languages as that phrase in the language under the user who is reading the post. It will be accurately translated because it was preselected from a list as opposed to being machine translated by something like Google Translate, which does not translate Japanese that well. So if someone posts "Nice to meet you!" in English, and a Japanese user reads that post it will appear in Japanese to that user. The problem with between say English and Japanese is that machine translations barely help. This MOD allows the user to select phrases from a list which will ensure accurate communication between languages.
Also uses MSSTI Quick Language
English user making a topic, using autocomplete
English user selected phrase from autocomplete
English user views their own topic
Japanese user viewing English users topic
Japanese user replying to topic, using autocomplete
Japanese user replying to topic, selected phrase from autocomplete
Japanese user viewing their new post in the topic
English user viewing their topic with new Japanese post
(do not attempt unless you know what you are doing)
- Apply this context output diff
) which was done on version 3.0.6
- Import this MySQL table with 2000 phrases
using something like phpmyadmin
- Download JQuery
& autocomplete plugin
and place in /styles/prosilver/template
- MSSTI Quick Language
- Adding topic icons to represent topic language such as ja
- Japanese language pack
02/16/2011 Version 0.1.0
: Initial alpha release
- BBCode style translate format
- Database stored translation phrase list
- Ignores invalid auto-translate phrases
- White text on blackground style to represent auto-translated phrase
- English and Japanese language support
- AJAX autocomplete textbox
- 2000 pre-installed phrases ("Good bye", "Hello", etc) [from FFXI]
- Better looking style for phrases and option to disable style for phrases
- Add/Remove/Edit auto-translate phrases in ACP
- French and German language support
- Interferes with censor feature
- Translated topic titles insert HTML into title
- Does not translate in sigs, preview sig, topic review and view your own posts (for now)
I would also like to include Spanish and I can make it supported, but unless I get help from a Spanish speaking member I won't be including any pre-installed Spanish phrases (which means the pre-installed phrases will not show up in Spanish). I'm not sure if it'll cause performance issues on highly active forums.
FINAL FANTASY XIV ©2010-2011 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. All material used under license.
FINAL FANTASY XI ©2001-2011 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. Title Design by Yoshitaka Amano. SQUARE ENIX, PLAYONLINE and the PlayOnline logo are trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.
All trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.