[DISC] PJIRC Chat MOD v3.0.2 (screenshots & add-ons)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Midnightz

[DISC] PJIRC Chat MOD v3.0.2 (screenshots & add-ons)

Post by Midnightz » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:32 am

This topic for the PJIRC Chat MOD v2.0.0 thru v3.0.2 is now closed.

This project was handed over to me by wGeric from version 1.2.0 onward. You can find information about his versions located in THIS topic and also in the included documentation of download packages.

The new phpBB topic for this project (and all new releases) can be found HERE.
Please visit the Official MOD Site.

Thanks,
-Midnightz :grin:
Last edited by Midnightz on Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:01 pm, edited 11 times in total.

fleccy

Post by fleccy » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:28 pm

great work :) will be good on my website

ayusuf
I've Been Banned!

Post by ayusuf » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:45 pm

so when we install it we just put your server channel in.

Midnightz

Post by Midnightz » Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:09 pm

fleccy:
Thanks, glad you like it. :D

ayusuf:
I'm not sure what you mean? You don't have to put my channel in, the "install.php" or "update.php" will set that up for you just to get you started. From there, you can register your own channel. 8)

skylerjer

Post by skylerjer » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:22 pm

Hey, this is really great stuff. The chat looks and works great!

One problem though, the radio buttons in administration config seem to have no effect on the chat room. At least, the "show help button" option has no effect, whether it's clicked yes or no the button still show up.

Actually, one more thing. The recieve this comment from one of my users:
The test root has not been enabled as a trusted root" and it's asking me to install and run "c:\windows\TEMP\JVM5134.TMP", which is distributed by "Plouf". I really don't know who this Plouf is, or if this is safe or not, so I haven't installed it.

How do I become a "trusted root," and if I can't, do you now what "plouf" is and maybe how I can change that name so that it's something less cryptic.

wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:33 pm

Plouf is the creator of PJIRC. You need to say yes to that security pop up if you want to use the applet.
Eric

skylerjer

Post by skylerjer » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:39 pm

Ok, well, at least I can tell my members who plouf is then. Still have the radio button problem though.

Midnightz

Post by Midnightz » Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:11 am

skylerjer:

Yes, Plouf is the creator of the actual applet. In the included documentation there's a file called: "knownissues.txt" which mentions the security certificate issue. I've just added another text to the whole package that includes links to where you can get help to resolve that. I'll PM you the text so you don't have to download the package again.

As for the help button issue, not really sure why that would be happening at all. Is it just that one button? Let me go test and see if I can duplicate the problem.

Thanks,
-Midnightz

skylerjer

Post by skylerjer » Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:58 am

I just tested it, but it seems to be just the help button. I'd really like it gone cause I'd prefer it for my members not to screw around with irc commands.

Also another problem from a mac user, who is getting a "Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist"
I'm running Mac OS 9.0.2; though I can easily upgrade to OS X, I just really don't like that system

He upgraded to ox x later on, but says it still doesn't work.

Works fine for the windows crowd though.

Midnightz

Post by Midnightz » Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:58 am

skylerjer:
You're right... I'd forgotten I'd overridden 2 settings, my bad.
While I work this out... why don't you do the following...

Code: Select all

#--[ OPEN ]--
#
chat_body.tpl
#
#--[ FIND ]--
#
<param name="pixx:helppage" value="http://www.yourdomain.com/forum/help.htm">
#
#--[ IN-LINE FIND ]--
#
http://www.yourdomain.com/forum/help.htm
#
#--[ REPLACE WITH ]--
#
#a link to one of your forums, maybe a help forum?
#
- OR -
2. You could just customize the help.htm page too.

As for the "Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist" error, that usually occurs because the template file isn't there. For example: if you're uploading that page and someone attempts to view it, they will recieve that error. Are you certain you uploaded the page or that his error wasn't during your editing/uploading?

I'll keep working on that Help button issue...
Thanks,
-Midnightz

skylerjer

Post by skylerjer » Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:20 am

Are you certain you uploaded the page or that his error wasn't during your editing/uploading?

I'm preeeety sure, but not 100%. I did double check my code changes, and made sure everything is there, but I guess a mistake could have been made. Meh.
Anyway, it does work perfectly for the people with windows. Here's a helpful hint, one of my mac using board members says that it doesn't work on IE, but it does work with mozilla. So if anybody has the same problem, that should stave off a mac user revolt until a more permanant solution is found (or until I find out I messed up somewhere).

Midnightz

Post by Midnightz » Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:44 am

skylerjer:
Alrighty to disable the Help button entirely do this:

Code: Select all

#
#----[ OPEN ]----
#
chat_body.tpl
#
#----[ FIND ]----
#
<param name="pixx:showhelp" value="true">
<param name="pixx:helppage" value="http://www.yourdomain.com/forum/help.htm">
#
#----[ REPLACE WITH ]----
#
<param name="pixx:showhelp" value="{SHOW_HELP}">
#
#
Then set the option to "no" in your admin panel. It's not really a bug, it's because I'd overridden the setting but I probably should remove that option from the admin panel, eh? *lol* Sorry it took a few, was in the middle of something. Let me know if this does/doesn't work for you, ok? :wink:

As for that template problem... make sure you've uploaded a chat_body.tpl for every template you have on your board. Find out if that specific fella is getting the error still because I'm thinking he might have been trying to look at the page while you were doing something to it. Let me know if the problem persists and thanks for that helpful tip.

-Midnightz :D

skylerjer

Post by skylerjer » Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:52 am

DOH!!
That must be what it is. Wooster, the guy who is having the problem, uses an alternative theme. I know cause he was talking about it. That must be what it is.

Thanks for the edit code, midnightz, you r00zerz my boxerz.

Midnightz

Post by Midnightz » Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:51 am

:oops: :lol: Thanks :wink:

yukisho

Post by yukisho » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:35 am

ok one question. How would I be able to add an account that just stays in the chat so I dont have to run some kind of bot on my computer or be in it all the time?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”