XBox Leaderboard Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

XBox Leaderboard Mod

Post by Extensions Robot »

Modification name: XBox Leaderboard Mod
Author: primehalo
Modification description: Places a leaderboard on your site based around the XBox Live Gaming service. Allows users the ability of choosing a style of gamertage to be shown using one of 15 choices in viewtopic as well as when viewing that users profile. Option in board features to enable/disable the mod as well as turn off gamercards when viewing a topic, allowing the use of XBox avatars as a users avatar as well as a few other options.

Admins can disallow certain users and groups from being able to use the mod via a user permission.

Users can choose to display or not the gamercards when viewing a topic.

Visiting a users profile will allow other users to see the progress of that user in a game (upto the last 16 games played).

Users, if allowed via a board setting, can also set the XBox Live Avatar as their avatar for the forum. Also allows members (via a redirect to xbox live site) to use the Live system to add or send a message to a user that has inputted their gamertag into their profile.

Administrators must have cURL installed on their server (to be able to get the users gamercard data) as well as allow_url_fopen for the simplexml used when viewing a users profile.

This mod requires PHP version 5.

Comes in both prosilver and subsilver2 flavors.

There is a new version of this mod which can be found in this forum.
Modification version: 1.0.14
Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.8

Download file: xbox_leaderboard_mod_1_0_14.zip
File size: 249.13 KiB

Modification overview page: View

The phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Extension Customisations Team may not be able to provide support.

-->Modification support<--
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:37 pm, edited 22 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

XBox Leaderboard Mod

Post by DavidIQ »

Modification validated/released

Notes:
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

XBox Leaderboard Mod

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Thanks David!!

Features:
  • Allows a user to select from a choice of gamer card format (XBox live, My Gamer Card, My Gamer Card NXE, My Gamercard Mini, My Gamer Card Silverlight) to show in both viewtopic as well as when viewing that users profile.
  • Allows user to be able to use their xbox live avatar as the forum avatar.
  • Administrator of the forum can turn off the showing of gamer cards in topics as well as live avatars. As the images are loaded off site, when Live or MyGamerCard site is down it will slow the loading of the forum. If you know the live service is going to be down (due to "updates"), just disable the mod, the avatars and gamercards until the service comes back on line.
  • Sortable on gamertag, score, user name and zone.
  • Shows the users name, gamertag, reputation, zone, style, score, time leaderboard was last updated for the user and last five games played by the user.
  • Ability to send a message or add a user as a friend (you must be logged into http://www.xbox.com for these features).
  • Checks for a real gamertag so forum uses can't, intentionally or not, enter in a bogus gamertag.
  • Ability to set the number of hours in the ACP until the leaderboard updates. This is dependent upon a user logging into the forum.
  • W3c compliant :)
  • Comes in both prosilver and subsilver2 flavors
Few Screenies

The ACP (found under "board features")
acp_board.PNG
acp_board.PNG (18.65 KiB) Viewed 8148 times
viewing a topic
viewtopic.PNG
viewtopic.PNG (93.85 KiB) Viewed 8148 times
viewing a members profile
memberlist.PNG
memberlist.PNG (90.18 KiB) Viewed 8148 times
user control panel entries
ucp.PNG
ucp.PNG (9.45 KiB) Viewed 8148 times
...and last but not least, the leaderboard
leaderboard.PNG
leaderboard.PNG (121.06 KiB) Viewed 8148 times
Enjoy the mod!! :)
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
Jorup16
Name: Jorge

Re: XBox Leaderboard Mod

Post by Jorup16 »

Congratulations :)
Spanish Translations for Ext phpBB :D - Traducciones al español para Ext phpBB :)
>>>>> https://github.com/Jorup16 <<<<<
kateland

Post by kateland »

Woo hoo!!! Great mod, my community is enjoying it.

If you're still taking requests, I would *love* a way to force people with no gamertag to enter that field the next time they login. Maybe have it as an option in the ACP, and also have the ability to choose "no gamertag".

Congrats :)
here's your love letter
you bloodletter
you disappointed every time
ShadowmanUK

Post by ShadowmanUK »

Prop's on getting it validated Rich, I've been using this for a while now and its great :D
therat

Post by therat »

This is a great MOD, been using it for a while and works perfectly. Well done on getting it validated.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Thanks all. :)

BTW, if you have version 1.0.10, you should update to 1.0.11 (in contrib directory) as a few "features" were discovered during validation.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
_Al

Post by _Al »

Will this mod work on php3 3.0.5
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

I don't know but you should update anyway (better CAPTCHA for one).
kiore

Post by kiore »

Like i wanna display a top 4 at the top of my bored is there away to do that you to pull certain members info to display on the front page?
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

kiore wrote:Like i wanna display a top 4 at the top of my bored is there away to do that you to pull certain members info to display on the front page?
Yes it is possible. You would need to make a new php file and html file.

I would also like to thank whomever for voting on this mod. Gave it a 1 out of 5. :roll:
kiore

Post by kiore »

Lol mind telling me how Right now im doing a Div scroll box with no scroll and only making it big enough to show the first 3 top live members

http://metrocitygamer.com/forum/index.php

i think i might be doing it right though because it looks clean lol
ShadowmanUK

Post by ShadowmanUK »

RMcGirr83 wrote:
kiore wrote:Like i wanna display a top 4 at the top of my bored is there away to do that you to pull certain members info to display on the front page?
Yes it is possible. You would need to make a new php file and html file.
Even better if it could be added to a variant of the Top 5 mod ;) Makes more sense for it to be in there I reckon
siiNNiiSTer

Post by siiNNiiSTer »

ok 1st off considering it comes in subsilver and prosilver how hard would it be for me to install it on twilightBB theme(its subsilver based)

2nd id like the leaderboard to constantly show on the front page instead of clicking the leaderboard link

3rd can i change the location of the gamercard id like it to be under the users avatar in posts with their yim msn n such

the mod is awesome i love it. im sorry for my noobish-ness @ php

thank you in advance for your help :D

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”