[Release] Supernova (phpBB 3.0.8)

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.0.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Ideas Centre
PlanetStyles.net
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

[Release] Supernova (phpBB 3.0.8)

Post by PlanetStyles.net »

Click here if you use the mChat MOD & Supernova

Style Name: Supernova
Author: Christian 2.0

Style Version: 1.0.1
phpBB Version: 3.0.8 (latest version)

Description: Supernova originally started as an "experiment" to see how jQuery could enhance a phpBB3 Style. Following "behind closed doors" feedback I've decided to develop it into a full style and release it. It is a clean and simplistic style, with some unique features such as an AJAX colour switcher and Drag & Drop categories (both supported by cookies). It also comes with a configuration file which the Administrator can use to quickly: Enable / Disable an "Author" column in viewforum, or quickly choose whether the avatars in viewtopic should be on the left or right. The config file also contains several options related to the colour switcher and draggable categories feature.

Screenshot:

Demo: Click for Demo

Support this Style: Image
This style is Free. Donations are optional, but appreciated.

Download: Download Supernova.zip (807kb)
.psds: Download Supernova psds (261kb)

Usage:
Supernova installs in the same way as every other phpBB style. Members of your board need to have JavaScript enabled to take advantage of the jQuery features.

Using the config file is simple. The config file itself explains what each option does. All you need to do is open: /styles/supernova/template/sn_config.html

To turn an option either on or off, all you need to do is edit the "0" to "1", or vice-versa. All of the options are enabled by default, but let's say I'm the Administrator and don't want people to be able to change the skin colour. Just open the config file (sn_config.html), find:

Code: Select all

<!-- DEFINE $SN_COLOUR_SWITCHER = '1' -->
To turn the feature off, just change the "1" to "0", like so:

<!-- DEFINE $SN_COLOUR_SWITCHER = '0' -->
Remember that you will need to refresh your template cache in order for the changes to take effect.
Admin Panel -> Styles Tab -> Style Components -> Templates ->Supernova -> Refresh

Things you should know:
  • Language specific buttons will not change to their respective languages on any colour other than the default. If you're unhappy about this, I suggest disabling the colour-switcher feature.
  • There is currently no way to change the style's default colour.
  • Other colours (Orange, Hot Pink, Purple and Grey) may be available in the future.
  • A seperate "dark" version of the style may be available in the future.
  • This style does not, and never will support fluid width.
  • MODs should install fine on this style. There should be no need to edit the colour-specific stylesheets in /theme/colours/ .
  • The style was designed and coded using a High-Contrast HD monitor. Consequently some of the colour blending may look a little "off".
  • With regard to bugs, bug-fixes will only be implemented with each style-release. Styles are only updated when phpBB updates. For example if you find a bug in the 3.0.7 release of the style, it won't be implemented until phpBB releases v 3.0.8.
Logo text:
If you don't have Photoshop, don't know someone who has or don't have the Myriad Pro light font...you may request a custom logo in this topic. Please be aware that I will only change text, and will not add additional site logos, emblems, etc to the logo. You must also post a link to your board if you'd like a custom logo made.

Feel free to post bugs and comments, thanks. Enjoy the style! :D
[/b]
Last edited by PlanetStyles.net on Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:20 pm, edited 7 times in total.
sibrestevo

Re: [Release] Supernova (3.0.7)

Post by sibrestevo »

Very nice work. I like it a lot.

Thank-you for your efforts. :D
NathanFtw

Post by NathanFtw »

Amazing as always great work 8-)
klyppi123

Post by klyppi123 »

I only had Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended Edition with Myriad Pro Light.ttf and it only accepts .otf files.

So I want a logo.

I want it to say: Camido
Nawid

Post by Nawid »

WoW!! Beautiful style! I really like the way you can change color. Well done! :mrgreen:
Can't wait for other color release :)

Edit: requesting logo text written like this: SchoolLife.nl

Thanks in advance

Edit2: Possible to change font size? I would like to have a smaller font size for topics, who is online text, forum names etc...
Last edited by Nawid on Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check SuperNova Orange style on:
SchoolLife.nl
phpBB.com
therat

Post by therat »

This is a brilliant style, really like it.

I would like to use it with the [RC]PhpBB3 Knowledge Base, problem is the new or no new images dont line up correctly. Any idea how to get them in the correct place, I don't as yet have this on a live forum to demonstrate.

PlanetStyles.net
Former Team Member

Cheers for the feedback Newid :) - here's your logo :)
https://camo.phpbb.com/9ca984968798ac68d9ddbeeb2fc9b64ffbf3d54c/687474703a2f2f6934392e74696e797069632e636f6d2f326c6e6b3961672e706e67

@therat: You need to add "sn-index-icon" as an extra class to the <dl> tag that displays the icon. So where it would normally be <dl class="icon"... you'd need to change it to <dl class="icon sn-index-icon"... .

Obviously a live demo would be a better way of providing a solution, although the info above should set you on the right track. :)
Nawid

Post by Nawid »

Thank you very much Cristian. :)

Question, possible to change font size? I would like to have a smaller font size for topics, who is online text, forum names etc...
Check SuperNova Orange style on:
SchoolLife.nl
phpBB.com
Boardtalk.net
Name: Colette

Post by Boardtalk.net »

OMG! This is really beautiful, thank you. I’ve downloaded it already and going to get it up onto my site. I’ve been looking for AGES for a style that has that something… special! I can’t thank you enough!

May I please have a logo for my site, like this

--
Thank you, thank you
:D :D :D
Last edited by Boardtalk.net on Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
PlanetStyles.net
Former Team Member

Nawid wrote:Thank you very much Cristian. :)

Question, possible to change font size? I would like to have a smaller font size for topics, who is online text, forum names etc...
All can be changed in colours.css

Topic text:

.content {
	color: #333333;
	font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;
	font-size: 12px !important;
}
Topic titles:

a.topictitle {
	color: #105289;