Modification Description: This mod adds "upvote" and "downvote" buttons (and the posts' score) to every post. Each user has one vote they can cast on each post, adjusting the score up or down by one point. If a post reaches the "bury" threshold, it is hidden; using the same css styling used to hide posts by "foes". A new permission is added to allow users/groups to vote on posts. By implementing this voting system, forum communities can gain some control over board content without admin or moderator help.
Modification Version: 0.0.3
Works with: phpbb 3.0.7-pl1
License: GNU General Public License v2
Mod Download: https://code.google.com/p/phpbb3-packete ... loads/list
- Option to completely disable the MOD at any time (ACP > .MODS > Community Moderation > Configuration)
- Set the default threshold for burying posts (ACP > .MODS > Community Moderation > Configuration)
- Permissions to upvote/downvote are forum based (in the 'Post' tab) - assign the permission to vote per group/user, per forum
- Permissions to allow users to set their own bury threshold, and the types of buried posts to hide, are user/group based (in the 'Misc' tab)
- The installer file adds voting permissions to several of the standard forum roles (Standard Access, Standard Access + Polls, and Full Access. If you are using these, then you don't need to configure anything)
- There's nothing to stop you allowing guests to vote, but it won't work very well, as I haven't implemented any sort of cookie tracking for guest votes. The guest 'account' will get 1 vote per post like any other user. (I'm not really interested in developing this aspect, so if you need it, you are free to code it)
- Users can set their own threshold for post burying (UCP > Board preferences > Edit display options)
- Huge thanks to mackstaples for the original MOD concept and code - Voting-based Moderation
- Thanks also to m157y for developing the Karma MOD, which I used as a guide for injecting data into viewtopic.php
you may need to create your own account, or post some replies/topics before you can try the MOD, since a user can only vote once on each post.
I've added another test account; that does NOT have permissions to alter the bury threshold or the types of post to buy. These permissions were added in 0.0.3