phpBB.com Website Feedback

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: phpBB.com Website Feedback

Post by Mick »

[Dimetrodon] wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:46 pmThis strikes me as a problem with the server itself as opposed to bugs due to phpBB
It’s not the phpBB software otherwise there’d be hundreds of complaints.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
[Dimetrodon]

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

Mick wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:10 pm
[Dimetrodon] wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:46 pmThis strikes me as a problem with the server itself as opposed to bugs due to phpBB
I know, especially when I would be getting logged out on every phpBB board I use, and that's certainly not what's happening.
Avatar by someone named AdmiralRA on Reddit. (No, I don't have a Reddit account)
When seeking support, please consider filling out the Support Request Template. It makes it easier for anyone trying to help.
david63

Post by david63 »

Mick wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:10 pm It’s not the phpBB software otherwise there’d be hundreds of complaints.
No - but it is the phpBB server configuration.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
[Dimetrodon]

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

Mick wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:10 pm
No, but it is a problem on this site and not on my end. And this problem sometimes makes the site practically unusable.

Edit: And I am also experiencing the slow speeds others were mentioning.
Avatar by someone named AdmiralRA on Reddit. (No, I don't have a Reddit account)
When seeking support, please consider filling out the Support Request Template. It makes it easier for anyone trying to help.
Talk19Zehn

Re: phpBB.com Keep getting logged out + Submitted form invalid

Post by Talk19Zehn »

[Dimetrodon] wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:51 pm Seems to be working fine now. I don't know what happened.

Edit: Spoke too soon.

Invalid2.png

Hello, same occurrence just 6,7,8 happened a few minutes ago. Some days and/or times everything is fine and other days and/or times the site is barely usable. I don't know what happened. :?

Best regards

Edit:
Firefox 104.0.2, Seite den sicheren Seiten hinzugefügt, Cookies erlaubt .... :cry:
Best regards
phpBB3 Designs - My own works: Stylearea Ongray-Designs, Adventinducement-Calendar for phpBB
[Dimetrodon]

Re: phpBB.com Keep getting logged out + Submitted form invalid

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

Talk19Zehn wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:53 pm
Hello.

I don't know if this will help you, but I have started to clear all website data (cookies, cache, etc.) from my browser and while I still have problems, it's not as bad as it was previously, and the site has become more usable. It is some sort of server configuration problem though that doesn't play nice with cached data. If you do clear everything from your browser, please just makes sure you save anything you need to keep elsewhere though.

Sincerely,
[D]
Talk19Zehn

Post by Talk19Zehn »

Thank you, yes I have already done all that and still some days the problem returns again and again.

A browser refresh can also be helpful on some days.
Performed earlier after the constant "ejection" and "login attempts". Curious: Unfortunately, this doesn't always work.
"Remember me" sometimes helps, but not always.

I am slowly running out of ideas.

Regards
Best regards
phpBB3 Designs - My own works: Stylearea Ongray-Designs, Adventinducement-Calendar for phpBB
[Dimetrodon]

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

Yeah, I have to clear everything out constantly making it a temporary solution. Whatever they changed doesn't work well with Safari or Firefox.

Sincerely,

[D]
Talk19Zehn

Post by Talk19Zehn »

Hm, now that problem happened:
com_nologout2158180922.png
Best regards

Edit:
A) B) = My comment on what happened including date and time.
C) = Board-Information
Best regards
[Dimetrodon]

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

viewtopic.php?p=15515496#p15515496

Can you guys please disable IP Session Validation? I think that is why I get logged out of this site. I think you guys did lower it, but I'm still having some problems.
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Post by Kailey »

Feel free to PM me if you'd like an explanation of why session validation is being triggered for you.
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
[Dimetrodon]

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

Kailey wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:43 pm Feel free to PM me if you'd like an explanation of why session validation is being triggered for you.
Thanks, but I'm pretty sure I know why. I moved to a place without good infrastructure, so I now rely on what is a mobile provider for my home internet. A sim card in a Wi-Fi hot-spot that shares IPs with other users and cycles through them, often quite rapidly.
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

We will not disable session validation as that will decrease the security of the rest of the users.
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

[Dimetrodon] wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:56 pmA sim card in a Wi-Fi hot-spot that shares IPs with other users and cycles through them, often quite rapidly.
I've experienced this as administrator on a few users already and technically it's a rather horrible scenario - the board cannot lower session checks per account because the whole point is to tell accounts apart: nobody can forecast which address spaces should be treated with lower restriction and which with higher restriction.

However: you as user can prevent this by accessing websites (f.e. this one) through a 3rd party network (f.e. a VPN or a proxy) - that wouldn't change its IP address very often. The problem of rapidly changing addresses is then shifted to your end, where you "just" have to maintain accessing the 3rd party network and the client for it hopefully doesn't have problems with changing IP addresses.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
[Dimetrodon]

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

Lost two post attempts trying to reply to this, even though I saved them as drafts. No, it's to prevent session hijacking, not for storing login information, though I would expect a competent attacker to be able to spoof the IP. Cookies and the browser cache stores such things as what account you're logged into.

[Edited]

Return to “phpBB Discussion”