Problem with localized button images after upgrading ->3.0.8

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
manicx

Re: Problem with localized button images after upgrading ->3

Post by manicx » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:46 pm

When I change the Anonymous lang to el (Greek), I don't have to refresh to get the correct images when the board language is English and the user language is Greek.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:02 pm

Yes.
That is because the last time you viewed the page, it was Greek, so there was no need to refresh it.

manicx

Post by manicx » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:53 pm

I don't know if I make myself clear here. With the Anonymous user having the lang set to el (Greek):

-When I open the forum without being logged in, I see the images properly in the default language that is Greek.
-When I login, the images appear properly WITHOUT any refresh. Properly means in English since the user has this language as default.
-When I logout, the images appear in proper language, AGAIN WITHOUT REFRESHING. The login-logout circle works fine regarding images without refreshing the browser.

With the Anonymous language set to en I experience the problem I described before and I have to hit refresh. Different browser behavior by changing an db entry? The problem with the above workaround (El (Greek) lang in Anonymous) is that if I set as the default form language English and the user has Greek as selected lang, the problem reappears.

I am sorry, I am a web developer for more than 12 years and I can tell a problem from a normal behavior. Normal behavior was in 3.0.7 pl1. In 3.0.6, there was a bug too regarding the images that required a workaround until 3.0.7 pl1 was released. This behavior is not normal. As I said, tomorrow, I will restore a copy of 3.0.7 database backup and provide more proof that the behavior in 3.0.7pl1 was different to 3.0.8. Of course, I will test it in 3 different browsers that will be the same as the ones I used for 3.0.8.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:01 pm

If you believe the old image bug has reappeared, then you should report it to Bug Tracker http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/

manicx

Post by manicx » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:24 pm

I will report it. I also prepared a video that I will upload shortly to youtube and file sharing site and will post the links here. It is obvious there's a problem here. Stay tuned! ;)

manicx

Post by manicx » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:52 pm

In the following video, I recorded the behavior of a 3.0.7-PL1 installation regarding images, I upgraded this installation to 3.0.8 and I recorded the change in behavior (and therefore highlight the problem). Due to the length of the video, I split it to two parts. Links:

Part 1/2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shbac19cnek

Part 2/2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVhG2s4hpgk

The videos should be viewed in 480p since the original resolution is 640*480.

Full length video:
http://rapidshare.com/files/437881760/phpBB3.wmv

(sorry for wmv, I can upload to xvid too)...

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”