Migration from Drupal 5.x to phpbb3 - DONE

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Scam Warning
tinbert

Migration from Drupal 5.x to phpbb3 - DONE

Post by tinbert »

Hi,

I am running a rather small forum on Drupal 5.x, but I found it never very usable. Notifications never worked, r.g.. So I decided to switch (back) to phpbb3.
Migration of user and forums data was not easy and I had to make a lot of trial-and-error, but in the end it worked for me.

If you have the same needs, please have a look at the attached script.

It comes with the usual DISCLAIMER: "it worked for me, but may destroy your database. Make backups before".
Please note that several things are hard-coded into the script and MUST be adapted to your setup. There are lots of comments within the script, though.

Have fun,

Robert
drupal2phpbb.txt
sql script - has to be adapted to your setup!
(8.86 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
Ger

Re: Migration from Drupal 5.x to phpbb3 - DONE

Post by Ger »

Hi Tinbert,

I've gladly used your script for my conversion, many thanks for that. However, I did stumble on some problems after conversion, mostly with the anonymous users. Therefore I've modified your script here and there to prevent those problems. Check the attachement for the modified script.
Attachments
drupal_to_phpbb3.txt
(8.21 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.
Newest: FAQ manager for 3.2

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:

-Don't PM me for support-
tinbert

Re: Migration from Drupal 5.x to phpbb3 - DONE

Post by tinbert »

Ger wrote:Hi Tinbert,

I've gladly used your script for my conversion, many thanks for that. However, I did stumble on some problems after conversion, mostly with the anonymous users. Therefore I've modified your script here and there to prevent those problems. Check the attachement for the modified script.
Thanks Ger for your modifications.
In fact I have not yet converted my live forum to phpbb3, so I will test and use your additions when I do the real conversion.

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”