Account activation not being sent out!

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
n000dle

Account activation not being sent out!

Post by n000dle » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:44 am

my forum says Your account has been created. However, this forum requires account activation. An activation key has been sent to the e-mail address you provided. Please check your e-mail for further information.

but out of nowhere it stopped sending emails and noone can join. so i tried taking of the setting so they dont have to activate their account but it still says that when u join ... someone please help me i dont want to have to reinstall it and loose all my posters and posts! :(

BlueRook

Post by BlueRook » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:59 am

I just signed up with no problem and I received the email activation and it worked.

The user name is test so you can delete it.

n000dle

Post by n000dle » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:02 am

but when i tried to sign up as another name and used another email it didnt send one to me. and also my friend tried to sign up as well and didnt recieve an email.. are we doing something wrong?

BlueRook

Post by BlueRook » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:04 am

What domains are you using. Sometimes yahoo, hotmail, and other free providers filter out mails from unknown domains or domains set up on servers with virtual hosting, or even for other reasons.

So I would see if you are using free accounts and if that is the case then try a paid account such as your ISP.

You might check the junk mail too.

n000dle

Post by n000dle » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:06 am

ahh awesome.. i tried an email other than hotmail and it worked thanks :D

complexlitigator

Still having problems

Post by complexlitigator » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:02 pm

I have tried all of the suggestions mentioned, and have not been receiving activation messages at either free or paid accounts. I think the problem started once I installed the upgrade to 2.0.10 and installed visual confirmation. My board is located at

http://www.consumerprotectionlaw.org/forum/

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. I would note that my host, 1and1.com, seems to allow php based mail since this feature has worked in the past week.

BlueRook

Re: Still having problems

Post by BlueRook » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:59 pm

complexlitigator wrote: I have tried all of the suggestions mentioned, and have not been receiving activation messages at either free or paid accounts. I think the problem started once I installed the upgrade to 2.0.10 and installed visual confirmation. My board is located at

http://www.consumerprotectionlaw.org/forum/

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. I would note that my host, 1and1.com, seems to allow php based mail since this feature has worked in the past week.

It worked fine for me. Please delete the phpbbTest username I created.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”