Inquiry about phpBB

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
seonjin86

Inquiry about phpBB

Post by seonjin86 »

My name is Jamie Lee from Softnyx Korea and I am a manager of business development team.

The reason why I send you this e-mail is that I would like to ask you a few questions about PhpBB.
First off, let me introduce us to you. Softnyx is an online game developer and publisher and has been servicing global service.
Our main business area is Latin America and we are looking for a bulletin&forum(community) software to provide to our users as their own space.
You can visit our site : [spam links removed
We are going to use bulletin&forum(community) software for [spam link removed] and wonder if you have these feature as below.

- If we can use the structure which is differentiated by parameter such as “guild.softnyxbrasil.com/?guildid=xxxx”(we do not make a new domain)
- If our users have their own webpage for their guild(group)
- If each user can have administrator authority for their own bulletin&forum page

I’m not sure if your software has the features I mentioned.
We would like to give user their own guild(group) page to share with their guild members as soon as possible.(Softnyx is not an administrator of the forum. Each user is an administrator of their bulletin&forum.)

We wish to purchase a community software as quickly as possible.
Thank you!
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Inquiry about phpBB

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

that is not what a bulletin board software does. you do not get individual pages etc.

look at this site, this is what bulletin board software does.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
Auridesion
Name: Jo Wilson

Post by Auridesion »

phpBB is open source -- which means you don't have to purchase it, just download it.

Secondly, as Robert mentioned above, the platform isn't designed to give each member their own forum. However, there are ways to manipulate the system to do something like what you want it to -- but that might not be the most efficient way to accomplish what you're aiming do to.

Technically, a board administrator has to set up "groups" of users, and set a group leader. Regular users don't have the authority to do this. Furthermore, the board administrator would have to also create a new forum to act as the group's forum, and then set up the permissions of that group in such a way that a) allow members of the group you want it connected to to be able to see the forum, and b) grant moderator access to the group's leader(s).

There are a few MODs (modifications) which sort of accomplish features like what your suggesting. But honestly, if you're willing to PURCHASE a system, I would suggest you do one of the following: You could hire a contract-hire web programmer to modify the phpBB platform to do what you need/want it to do. Or, look for a different system.
"We're all mad here." -- The Cheshire Cat
Pony99CA
Name: Steve

Post by Pony99CA »

The OP might want to check into the User Blogs MOD. I don't know if it will do exactly what he wants, but it's worth investigating.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”