Is there a way to convert to lowercase

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Anti-Spam Guide
jaylam13

Is there a way to convert to lowercase

Post by jaylam13 »

Hi,

Is there a mod or tweak I can do so when someone posts a topic title in caps it converts it to lower case?

Thanks

Jay
Last edited by JimA on Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No discussion value, so moved this one from General Discussion to MOD Requests. :)
Arty
Former Team Member
Name: Vjacheslav Trushkin

Re: Is there a way to convert to lowercase

Post by Arty »

In posting.php find

Code: Select all

if ($submit || $preview || $refresh)
{
	$post_data['topic_cur_post_id']	= request_var('topic_cur_post_id', 0);
	$post_data['post_subject']		= utf8_normalize_nfc(request_var('subject', '', true));
and add after it:

if(strtoupper($post_data['post_subject']) == $post_data['post_subject']) $post_data['post_subject'] = strtolower($post_data['post_subject']);
I haven't tested it, but I think it should work.
Vjacheslav Trushkin / Arty.
Free phpBB 3.1 styles | New project: Iconify - modern SVG framework
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

if( utf8_strtoupper( $post_data['post_subject'] )== $post_data['post_subject'] ) $post_data['post_subject']= utf8_strtolower( $post_data['post_subject'] ); 
will also work beyond ASCII.
  • The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
jaylam13

Post by jaylam13 »

Worked perfectly, thanks a lot.

Jay
merfed

Post by merfed »

This is a little much when adding the property:

text-transform: lowercase;
To the css for the topic titles, it would be easier to upgrade. As much as Iike phpbb, I'm a firm believer that modifications should be kept away from the code that way it's easier to update for important things like security holes.
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

Yeah but that's only a display. The text itself will stay in uppercase and copying that as selection to the clipboard will do the very same.
  • The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”