phpBB2 by Przemo to phpBB3

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Anti-Spam Guide
TomaszK

phpBB2 by Przemo to phpBB3

Post by TomaszK »

Hi. I have one question. I wanna convert phpBB2 by Przemo to phpBB3.
In phpBB by Przemo are subForums but only phpbb2 don't be subforums. how can i convert this subforums from phpBb by Przemo??
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Re: phpBB2 by Przemo to phpBB3

Post by D¡cky »

The first thing you have to do is add a field to the Przmeo users table:

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_dateformat varchar (60) default '|j M Y|, \o H:i' not null;
If your przemo table prefix is not phpbb_ change to your table prefix.

To convert the subforums, use phpBB2 with Simple Subforums. This may or may not work depending on how Przemo handles subforums. The worst that can happen, the subforums will be converted to regular forums. You can then use the phpBB3 Administration Control Panel to recreate the subforums by attaching what should be the subforums to their respective parent forums.
Have you hugged someone today?
TomaszK

Post by TomaszK »

D¡cky wrote:This may or may not work depending on how Przemo handles subforums. The worst that can happen, the subforums will be converted to regular forums. You can then use the phpBB3 Administration Control Panel to recreate the subforums by attaching what should be the subforums to their respective parent forums.
I know but i have 123 subforums and can't convert this...
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

TomaszK wrote:I know but i have 123 subforums and can't convert this...
Przemo does come with the Categories Hierarchy MOD, but I don't know what version. You could try the Categories Hierarchy convertor. You will still have to do the change I mentioned in this post, http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p13086869
Have you hugged someone today?

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”