Ignore topic and/or user.

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Get Involved
Quizart

Ignore topic and/or user.

Post by Quizart »

Hello,

I am looking for functionality (I have seem many requests for this, just thought I'd put in my two cents, and didn't want to gravedig) for the ability to ignore a topic (specifically, to have it automatically mark as read, so I do not see it when browsing unless I specifically click on it) - it would be nice to be able to do this to a user as well (so any post they make doesn't show up as unread unless someone else posts in that same thread.)

I did hours of searching with no luck at all on this, so let me know if I missed something.

Thanks!

imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Re: Ignore topic and/or user.

Post by imkingdavid »

If you add a user to your Foes list, you will not see their posts. (From the Foes page in the UCP: "Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators.")

Other than that, I'm not sure of a MOD that allows you to ignore a specific topic.
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.

Quizart

Post by Quizart »

The other problem is that making someone a Foe will not automatically mark their posts as read - which is the real issue.

Quizart

Post by Quizart »

If anyone has something like this available, or would be willing to write one * removed * let me know.
Last edited by marian0810 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: solicitation removed as per http://www.phpbb.com/rules/#rule1k

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”