How can I only let certain groups change styles?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Rhynn

How can I only let certain groups change styles?

Post by Rhynn »

Sorry if this isn't the right section - to be honest I'm a little confused about where this question belongs!

On my board - or rather, the board I'm Head Moderator on, the admins are there but hardly active - I want to let only one group (a VIP membership of sorts) be allowed to change the style. People who are not in that group can't change the style at all, they can only use the standard style.

Am I just being blind to a setting or permission in the ACP? Or would I need to find a MOD to accomplish this? If so, does such a MOD already exist or will I have to learn how to code it myself (would be a good excuse to finally start learning some proper coding...)

I hope someone here can give me an answer to this or point me in the right direction :)
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: How can I only let certain groups change styles?

Post by stevemaury »

The abilty to override the default style is a global setting. There are ways to allow users to use links on a per group basis to change the style, but it requires giving them the admin permission Can manage styles.

But as a Moderator, how would you do any of this? It would require ACP access and access to the phpBB files, at a minimum.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Just from a personal curiosity point of view, I'm wondering why? What difference does it make to you or anyone else what style a particular person would be using?
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
Snake956

Post by Snake956 »

Well, in my case, its to let people that are VIP choose if they want to see ads or not.
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 »

You could use, Creating group template switches, to hide the ads from everyone in the VIP group. You would use the <!-- IF NOT S_GROUP_N -->some stuff here<!-- ENDIF --> option around the ad code. Or you could create another group that VIPs could choose to join and only hide the ads from that group.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”