Simple Bin

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Ideas Centre
Kyshall

Simple Bin

Post by Kyshall » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:04 am

Hi all.

I am looking for a modification that was once made available for phpBB2 however I've not seen one with a similar option for BB3 as of yet. Well, I have but it's not the same.

I am looking to add a button to post which will allow a one click move to specified forum. That's it. Makes things quicker than moving them all the time when you have hundreds of spam posts to deal with.

Many thanks for any help anyone can give

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Simple Bin

Post by KevC » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:23 am

Click the moderator control panel link. You can select multiple topics and move them all at the same time.

Also have a look at this topic on how to stop the spammers getting in in the first place.
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2122696
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Kyshall

Post by Kyshall » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:16 pm

It's not really 'spam' as such, it's more like 'thousands of topics' that need to be removed. Quickly. Using the default move doesn't really help.

I think I've made something that could work.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:54 am

Kyshall wrote:Using the default move doesn't really help.
You can make the page longer in the admin panel > post settings>topics per page.
It's easy to move a lot of topics in one go.
Also, if they're all in one forum, choosing to delete that forum gives you the option to move them to another in one click.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”