[solved] Profile Issues & Change Avatar Issues

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
user x

[solved] Profile Issues & Change Avatar Issues

Post by user x »

Hey all -

/// I tried to post this in mod support ... but I only get "Administrators Can Only Post Here Messages!" Please, if you can, move this to Mod Support ///

I am having a serious problem with members changing their avatars. When anyone changes an avatar, or tries to view an avatar gallery section, their profile information is scattered (eg, their birthday resets, their signature disapears and lands in their flavor text spot, the time zone changes, and things like allow html, smiles, and PM settings go all to hell).

This is a new problem I never had before; so, i'm betting it is a mod problem because of 2.0.10.

I have the following mods installed (which I think would affect profile settings): add field, profile photo, flavor text, birthdays, country flags, and default avatar (for those who never choose an avatar).

I also have 4 catagories (folders) beneath my images/avatar/gallery - but, when a user attempts to switch between these catagories to choose an avatar, they are redirected back to the "edit profile page," where they discover their settings all scattered.

What gives? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Last edited by user x on Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fumbalah

Post by fumbalah »

youre best bet would be to find the appropriate topic in the mod release and announcements forum, and ask there, but go back and double check the profile and defualt avatar mods. Make sure you edited all the code correctly etc
user x

Post by user x »

fumbalah -

Thanks for the reply. I checked it ... there doesn't seem to be any mistakes and everything else (mods) are all working perfectly. I will go back and check that default avatar mod... thought I do not believe that is the problem. It's working fine too.

I think there is an issue with the change profile script. Where exactly is thise file? Is it in the profile.php? Or is it one of the admins or includes?
user x

Post by user x »

I would post this in the mod section under the relavent mod discussion ... but I don't know which mod may or may not be causing the problems with changing avatars and profile settings being scattered ...

There are some kind folks over at phpbbhacks that are looking into it and said it is probably coming from two files, usercp_register & usercp_avatar ...

I thought more advice is better than just some, so here are my two files (*.txt file links); could anyone who knows more than me please look these over and see if they can spot my problem? Again, the problem is that when anyone attempts to change their avatar through the profile everything in their profile settings gets all messed up and scattered.

here is the link to the two text files, usercp_register & usercp_avatar

Click Here for Link
user x

Post by user x »

I just got the solution from acid over at phpbbhacks ... thanks all for looking into it for me. All is well. :D
Last edited by user x on Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flogger12

Post by flogger12 »

please post the solution so the rest of us can learn

thanksk,
robert

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”