Error I got when it wanted to create dB tables!

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
MNIAL95

Error I got when it wanted to create dB tables!

Post by MNIAL95 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:00 am

Hello there, how're you doing today?
Today I just wanted to try installing phpBB 3.1 Beta2 on my website (it was just a testing site) but I got the following error when the installation guide was creating dB tables:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\InvalidArgumentException' with message 'The service definition "auth.provider." does not exist.' in /home/daythrea/domains/day-threads.com/public_html/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/ContainerBuilder.php:875 

Stack trace:
#0 /home/daythrea/domains/day-threads.com/public_html/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/ContainerBuilder.php(483): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->getDefinition('auth.provider.') 
#1 /home/daythrea/domains/day-threads.com/public_html/phpbb/session.php(579): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->get('auth.provider.') 
#2 /home/daythrea/domains/day-threads.com/public_html/phpbb/session.php(500): phpbb\session->session_create() 
#3 /home/daythrea/domains/day-threads.com/public_html/app.php(23): phpbb\session->session_begin() 
#4 {main} thrown in /home/daythrea/domains/day-threads.com/public_html/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/ContainerBuilder.php on line 875
I have Linux Ubuntu 12.04.2LTS hosting with MySQL 5.5 and PHP 5.3.28 with PERL support ...
The weird thing is that I could install successfully the Beta1 of phpBB 3.1 - Why can't I install Beta2?

MNIAL95

Re: Error I got when it wanted to create dB tables!

Post by MNIAL95 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:14 pm

Please help me to understand why I get that error with beta2 and not with beta1 at all!!

Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader
Name: Patrick Webster

Post by Noxwizard » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:52 am

This is a fresh install and not an upgrade?
[Support Template] - [Read Before Posting] - [phpBB Knowledge Base]
Do not contact me for private support, please share the question in our forums.

MNIAL95

Post by MNIAL95 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:27 am

Noxwizard wrote:This is a fresh install and not an upgrade?
Yes, it's a fresh install and I get that error with only installation of Beta2 which I don't absolutely get with Beta1 and I still wonder of the specific reason! I hope it won't happen with Beta3 or RC1 next time!

I'm also sure I downloaded the fresh install .zip pack from your download resource!

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”