[DEV] Post Love

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
jefmcg

Re: [DEV] Post Love

Post by jefmcg » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:32 pm

Scones wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:15 pm
jefmcg wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:47 pm
I've got a long post above explaining my fix, which is basically installing an earlier version of the - https://github.com/satanasov/postlove/t ... 426b9c0435 - which works fine.

Just delete your data, remove the current version and replace it with the old one.
Thanks for this, worked a treat apart from I can't see why's liked the post. What do I need to do to fix this bit?
Hover mouse over the heart or the number - I'm on my phone so I can't check which it is.

Scones

Post by Scones » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:39 pm

jefmcg wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:32 pm
Scones wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:15 pm
jefmcg wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:47 pm
I've got a long post above explaining my fix, which is basically installing an earlier version of the - https://github.com/satanasov/postlove/t ... 426b9c0435 - which works fine.

Just delete your data, remove the current version and replace it with the old one.
Thanks for this, worked a treat apart from I can't see why's liked the post. What do I need to do to fix this bit?
Hover mouse over the heart or the number - I'm on my phone so I can't check which it is.
Thanks for the quick response. That's what I expected, but when I do this I don't see anything appear

Scones

Post by Scones » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:42 pm

Scones wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:39 pm
jefmcg wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:32 pm
Thanks for the quick response. That's what I expected, but when I do this I don't see anything appear
I have just tried again, and nothing happens when I hover over the heart, but if I hover over the number it works, although I have to be accurate with the mouse for it to happen. I now have a working like facility. Thanks everyone

jefmcg

Post by jefmcg » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:05 pm

Scones wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:42 pm
I now have a working like facility.
THe only thing wrong with mine is notifications. Very occasionally you will get a notification that someone has liked your post, but most likely the only way to notice is to check your postlove page.

tbehrens

Post by tbehrens » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:37 am

Mystery solved: Upgrade to 2.0.0a2 sets the "Hide Like icons and summaries" option on every profile of every existing user. Newly created users don't have the issue.

For affected boards, your users can uncheck that manually. Maybe someone wants to dig into the DB and present a script on doing a one-pass instead. And of course, 2.0.0a3 might just refrain from setting this for existing users by defaults, instead opting to leave the option to "false".

v12mike

Post by v12mike » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:23 pm

tbehrens wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:37 am
Mystery solved: Upgrade to 2.0.0a2 sets the "Hide Like icons and summaries" option on every profile of every existing user. Newly created users don't have the issue.

For affected boards, your users can uncheck that manually. Maybe someone wants to dig into the DB and present a script on doing a one-pass instead. And of course, 2.0.0a3 might just refrain from setting this for existing users by defaults, instead opting to leave the option to "false".
I was responsible for that part of the code (a couple of years ago), and I don't understand how you are having the issue that you describe. The default for that field is set to 0 in migrations/release_1_2_0_create_cpf.php (and always has been I think).

The profile field is not even populated for each user by default, it is only only populated after it has been manually set. I think that something strange has happened to your database.

v12mike

Post by v12mike » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:37 pm

For those who are interested (particularly those who are using the later unreleased versions with the summary tables), there is now in the master branch of the github repository a version 2.0.0-b2 which is compatible with phpBB 3.2.x and phpBB 3.3.0-rc1.
The main improvement (over v2.0.0-a1) is that the server loading is significantly reduced. This became apparent on a forum with more than 10,000 likes in the database.
It also has a few minor tweaks and fixes.
Any feedback is appreciated.

Return to “Extensions in Development”