Heard about Bitcoin ?

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
John connor
Name: Aaron

Re: Heard about Bitcoin ?

Post by John connor » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:28 am

If you're gonna do some illegal stuff, then Bitcoin is not what you want to deal with. For one, there is a block chain so all transactions are recorded. And with Coinbase, I've heard they rated out many people. To use Bitcoin properly requires you to launder the coins using two wallets. I'd rather use Monero which is apparently more private.

One of my email providers Protonmail and my VPN accept Bitcoin, but I find it to be a PITA.

mr_jon
Name: jon

Post by mr_jon » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:31 am

lol, it's funny people years ago were saying that bitcoin is anonymous,
the bigger bitcoin got the more we realized it wasn't as anonymous as we first thought

it so easy to track people, coinbase requires KYC, so if you buy it from them, then they can easily track you,
even if you buy it anonymous its easy to track it, everything is recorded online

this was part of what makes bitcoin great, as the majority of corruption comes from the banking system, which corrupts our politicians and government

with a transparent currency, we can track what the government politicans are doing and defeat the evil world banking cartels

the banking system is the root of all problems, the reason why we are so poor, the reason why people work all their lives to save money, except by the time we retire, the banking cartels have stolen our purchasing power using inflation,

the whole system we live in is a big scam, except none of the general public understand how money works,

the education system does not even teach you how money works,

the school system is terrible now, convince everyone that everyone needs to go to college, get people in debt, so much in debt by the time people finish school that they are already are in debt

we are slaves to the banking system,

bitcoin is our way to opt out of the corrupt banking system

as you can see, the same corrupt system keeps happening , decades after decades
currency.png

nothing changes, because the root of the problem is the monetarty system

every time the world crashes, everyone goes back to gold,

but gold is also manipulated,

the future is bitcoin, the future is math and computers

bitcoin is becoming the new world currency,

we will no longer need government currency,

just like in the past, religion and state are separating,

now, currency and state are separating

the average joe will tell you bitcoin is a scam,

but the average joes understands nothing about the monetarty system,

i advise you all, get into bitcoin and save yourself from the corrupt system we live in

together we can defeat the banking cartels without violence, and bring humanity a better future

John connor

Post by John connor » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:06 am

This is what you want as a reserve currency to hedge against a global banking catastrophe. When, not if, when a CME or x-flare hits us from the sun, Bitcoin and everything else is toast. Literally. That's just one SHTF scenario.

Of course, during a SHTF scenario the Roman currency salt will be more valuable. And people WILL kill you for a box of band-aids or Aspirin. Bartering will be the new norm. Was before, will again.

gold-bullion.png

mr_jon
Name: jon

Post by mr_jon » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:37 am

john,

i'm not sure if you understand the world, you said if an x-flare hits us "Bitcoin and everything else is toast"

so you won't have to worry, because you will be toast

obviously, if something of that extreme hits us, bullets and food would be more valuable and safely will be more important
the last thing on your mind will be money

on top of that, gold isnt even useful in that event, you can't divide gold, you can't even tell if it's real or not

gold is old money, all the gold bugs don't seem to understand that in the world we progress up, and not down

yes, everyone always goes back to gold, but that's because there was no internet or computers for 5000 years,

bitcoin completely destroys gold in every aspect
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpeg

so just because of a possible x-flare situation, we should stop?

bitcoin has progressed immensely since this thread was started, and im not talking about the price,

i'm talking about adaption,

coinbase has been implementing debt cards and visa cards,

this is a huge kick in the face for traditional banking, it's about time they faced competition

they have been dominating for hundred of years, if it wasn't for the internet we'd still be living in a world controlled by religion or banking

on top of everything, bitcoin is going to destroy the housing market,

the only reason housing is so expensive is because people around the world use homes as an investment,

why would anyone in the upcoming future buy real estate any more, when they can buy bitcoin instead?

real estate is a terrible investment and it's a huge ponzi scheme used by the bankers who eventually crash the market, buy back the foreclosed homes, and sell them back to the very same people they stole it from

huge ponzi scheme!

the future is computers, the future is mathematics, the future is digital

the future is bitcoin

John connor

Post by John connor » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:49 am

mr_jon wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:37 am
john,

i'm not sure if you understand the world, you said if an x-flare hits us "Bitcoin and everything else is toast"

so you won't have to worry, because you will be toast
No, people won't be toast. Just computers, electronics and the electrical grid.
mr_jon wrote:
obviously, if something of that extreme hits us, bullets and food would be more valuable and safely will be more important
the last thing on your mind will be money
No. As I pointed out already. Bartering will be the primary means of currency as well as gold since all computers are now gone. This means fiat currency as well as cryptocurrency is gone. Salt, water, first-aid supplies, food, etc. All will have a value as a form of currency.
mr_jon wrote:
on top of that, gold isnt even useful in that event, you can't divide gold, you can't even tell if it's real or not
There are ways to tell if gold is real or not. I'm not a gold expert, but I do know that it's soft and can scratch very easily. I also think an acid can be used to test it as well. Gold was used in ancient times. Why wouldn't an event that causes mankind to go back to the stone age not use a tried and true source of tangible currency? You can divide gold with gold dust, coins, ignits, etc. It's also very easy to melt down.
mr_jon wrote:
gold is old money, all the gold bugs don't seem to understand that in the world we progress up, and not down
"Progressing up" doesn't come with its inherit drawbacks. On one hand it has its benefits, but on the other hand people lose skills that were long taught long ago and the masses then depend on technology. A perfect example is the simple means by which people get their food. Where do you get your food? From a grocery store. No more does mankind have to go out and hunt for it or fish for it. Another example is clean drinking water. Where does that come from? By the magic faucet in your kitchen. But no one seems to appreciate how it gets there and that is done through electricity-powered pumps. When a SHTF scenario does happen, people are going to die because they "progressed" so much that they forgot their know how on how to survive. And mother nature WILL weed out the weak.

mr_jon wrote:
bitcoin completely destroys gold in every aspect
In every respect?! I'm afraid not. It's good to diversify, but hedging your cash flow solely on an invisible cryptocurrency or fiat currency for that matter is not a very sound financial decision. When God decides to press the big fat reset button, currency that we know in the here and now will be wiped out. And good riddance for that.

mr_jon wrote:
so just because of a possible x-flare situation, we should stop?
No. But I can already see the massive cluster that comes with depending on computers and the Internet for a currency. A state sponsor of cyber terrorism for one, acts of God, etc. But like I said, it's good to diversify and have a tangible backup.
mr_jon wrote:
bitcoin has progressed immensely since this thread was started, and im not talking about the price,
Isn't the cryptocurrency Bitcoin design to max out at some point?
mr_jon wrote:
i'm talking about adaption,
So am I. In the sense that one should not trust one currency and think it's all lollipops and cotton candy. In reality it's no different than a fiat currency we use now in that servers are used to push the money around the world. Well, for the most part. Did you know that Visa has some of the most harden servers in the world? Why would you have to do such a thing I wonder?
mr_jon wrote:
coinbase has been implementing debt cards and visa cards,
Good for them. That extends their bottom dollar and fees the the merchant every time you swipe the card. I wonder if they have stock? And a quick Google search reveals they are a privately owned company. If they create an IPO I'll buy shares myself due to all the sheep. Then I'll buy AU. :lol: :D :lol:
mr_jon wrote:
this is a huge kick in the face for traditional banking, it's about time they faced competition
Yeah, I'm not a fan of banks. Hated them ever since I had my first bank account and I've had several over the years.
mr_jon wrote:
we'd still be living in a world controlled by religion or banking
I could write an essay on both subjects. But I'll type out just two points on this.

1) Modern banking has built America or any other modern country in more ways than I can't count on all four fingers plus my thumb.

2) As to this religious crap. Better look up the Jesuits and learn what they have did in the name of science, mathematics, art, invention and astronomy.

mr_jon wrote:
on top of everything, bitcoin is going to destroy the housing market,
I hope not! the housing market in the U.S alone makes up about 15% of the GDP. :lol:
mr_jon wrote:
the only reason housing is so expensive is because people around the world use homes as an investment,
Home ownership in of its self is an investment. That's the truth. In fact, it's really a persons primary investment in their lives. The second being an owner of a car. With a house you can borrow against it as well. Yes, there are investment properties, but by in large home ownership is for a family dwelling of residency. You know, a place to stay warm, a shelter, etc. :lol: Now if you want to talk about the madness with communist HOAs (Home Owners Association) I'm all ears.
mr_jon wrote:
why would anyone in the upcoming future buy real estate any more, when they can buy bitcoin instead?
So you can walk around San Fran with a smartphone full of bitcoin and no shelter? I don't get your statement.
mr_jon wrote:
real estate is a terrible investment and it's a huge ponzi scheme used by the bankers who eventually crash the market, buy back the foreclosed homes, and sell them back to the very same people they stole it from
Real estate can be a terrible investment or it can be a real great one. Like the stock market you pick the winners and ditch the losers. The great thing about real estate is that by in large property values go up. So when it comes time to sell you'll have a return on your investment. 15 years ago this house cost 177K. Now it's worth over 250k.
mr_jon wrote:
huge ponzi scheme!
I beg to differ. If it was then the government would get involved, etc. By in large it's not unless you are suckered by a bank or take on a home loan you can't pay. Which is why the GSEs in the U.S. went South back in '08. They needed regulation like the stock market has SEC.

mr_jon wrote:

the future is bitcoin

We have no fate but what we make... :lol: :D :lol:

Rest easy Mr. Myopic. In all due respect. We will all be based on 5,000 sooner or latter once again...

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:49 pm

mr_jon wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:31 am
we are slaves to the banking system,

bitcoin is our way to opt out of the corrupt banking system
errr??? Bitcoin is just as much part of "the" banking system as anything else except for barter of physical goods and labour. Paper money, bank account or bitcoin are just representations of the value of barter goods.
And bitcoin has the added? :shock: :? advantage? that it's not controlled/regulated at all and speculation is a risk (the "good" times seem to be over) with more losers than winners.
mr_jon wrote:

the future is bitcoin
The future is uncertain and in case there is a serious crisis (e.g. war, energy, food or water shortage) bitcoin will lose it's value (in times of need virtual money won't be accepted as tender anymore).

BTW, did you use bitcoin to buy a PC? The one you're currently using seems to have a double line spacing problem, and either my eyesight is below par or your shift button is non-functional. ;)

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:20 pm

and IF, the SHTF, power will be gone. that means no computers, that means no bitcoin.

robert

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:34 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:20 pm
and IF, the SHTF, power will be gone. that means no computers, that means no bitcoin.

robert
Hell, we won't even be able to use our PC as barter :lol:

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:50 pm

hey, I think those of us with full size pcs will have a better barter position than those with all the dinky phones and tablets.

Me: "Hey fellow SHTF survivor, I will trade you this very excellent , very heavy doorstop for your 55 gallons of fresh water."
fellow SHTF survivor: " You bet, that guy before you only had a phone. heck, what kind of a door stop would that make?"

robert

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:38 pm

Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:50 pm
Me: "Hey fellow SHTF survivor, I will trade you this very excellent , very heavy doorstop for your 55 gallons of fresh water."
fellow SHTF survivor: " You bet, that guy before you only had a phone. heck, what kind of a door stop would that make?"
:lol: :lol:

John connor

Post by John connor » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:04 am

warmweer wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:34 pm
Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:20 pm

robert
Hell, we won't even be able to use our PC as barter :lol:

Ah, but the gold in the CPU and GPU, the gold! :lol: :D

There's actually big money in the PC recycling business. Even with printer cartridges. I worked for a company that did just that.

Return to “General Discussion”