[3.1][3.2][BETA] ReIMG Image Resizer

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Post Reply
User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 16470
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

[3.1][3.2][BETA] ReIMG Image Resizer

Post by DavidIQ » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:21 pm

Image

A port-over of the popular MOD, the extension version of ReIMG brings the same functionality and extends on the previously existing image resizing features from the MOD while using the jQuery library included in 3.1.

Resizes user-posted images that are too large, optionally overlaying a zoom button to view the original-sized image (optionally in a lightbox).

Features:
  • Images are resized (downscaled) client-side using JavaScript.
  • A zoom button is overlayed on top of resized images, so you can click to the original-sized image. This button will not mess up a URL the poster might have placed around the image. :)
  • The original-sized image can open in the current window, in a new window, or in a cool lightbox. 8-)
  • User-posted images posted using img BBCode or uploaded as attachments are resized.
  • All settings can be changed from the Administration Control Panel.
  • jQuery-optimized JavaScript
Github repo

Beta 1 release download

IMPORTANT: Even though all plugins are now working the zooming-in on the expanded image feature is currently only working with the imagelightbox plugin. Investigating the rest.

Compatible with 3.1 and 3.2.
Last edited by DavidIQ on Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 16470
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Re: [DEV] ReIMG Image Resizer

Post by DavidIQ » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:21 pm

Initial ACP module work is completed:
Attachments
REIMG_ACP.png
REIMG_ACP.png (65.88 KiB) Viewed 9872 times
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 16470
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Re: [DEV] ReIMG Image Resizer

Post by DavidIQ » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:21 pm

Important: This is still in development and all that is available right now is the ACP module. This is why there is no download link. If you download from github and install you will only get the ACP module and nothing else. I am currently working on converting the JavaScript from the 2.0 MOD version to 3.0 but looks like I'll be starting from scratch.

If you'd like to comment on what you'd like to see added to this extension that's perfectly fine.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

User avatar
Meis2M
Translator
Posts: 755
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:32 am
Location: IR.Damghan
Name: میثم نوبری
Contact:

Re: [DEV] ReIMG Image Resizer

Post by Meis2M » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:41 pm

well done David...

User avatar
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 3739
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:24 pm
Location: Spain
Name: Raul Arroyo
Contact:

Re: [DEV] ReIMG Image Resizer

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:34 pm

Nice David! ;)
If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate with Image
phpBB International Support Team (Spanish - Español) :flag_es: Online Since 2003
🎨phpBB Professional Premium Themes🔥
Author Translations (Spanish - Spain) :two_hearts:

:warning: I don't support those without the copyright Spanish translation. :warning:

User avatar
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Posts: 2234
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 9:10 am
Name: James
Contact:

Re: [DEV] ReIMG Image Resizer

Post by HiFiKabin » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:10 am

Any chance of making a quoted image show as a thumbnail?

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 16470
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Re: [DEV] ReIMG Image Resizer

Post by DavidIQ » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:21 pm

HiFiKabin wrote:Any chance of making a quoted image show as a thumbnail?
Quoted images aren't identified as being any different from posted images so resizing is applied the same way even in the current MOD version.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

User avatar
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Posts: 2234
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 9:10 am
Name: James
Contact:

Re: [DEV] ReIMG Image Resizer

Post by HiFiKabin » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:10 pm

DavidIQ wrote:
HiFiKabin wrote:Any chance of making a quoted image show as a thumbnail?
Quoted images aren't identified as being any different from posted images so resizing is applied the same way even in the current MOD version.
Oakie Dokie. I was just hoping

User avatar
bertros
Registered User
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:02 am

Re: [DEV] ReIMG Image Resizer

Post by bertros » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:45 pm

Excellent stuff David. I hope everything goes smoothly for you! Looking forward to the end result.

Holger
Registered User
Posts: 1599
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2002 3:54 pm
Location: Hannover

Re: [DEV] ReIMG Image Resizer

Post by Holger » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:37 am

Great! Subscribing!
Are you looking for a phpBB Expert? Find a phpBB Expert!
Are you a phpBB Expert? Post your resume!
http://www.phpbbexperts.com

][Moon][Shine][
Registered User
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 9:46 am

Re: [DEV] ReIMG Image Resizer

Post by ][Moon][Shine][ » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:19 pm

Great for sure, it's always been a PITA with user uploaded imaged. Though as I've understood that's all done on the client side, not on the server. I was hoping to find an extension that does resize / reformat uploaded pics on the server to reduce required storage space and page load times (we have lot of pics in our forum and I downsize to 800x600 / 600x800 with JPEG-Quality of 80% manually for best results so far).

I've posted an extension request here if anybody else is interested in that approach: Attached Images Resizer, Converter & File Size Reducer

User avatar
John connor
Registered User
Posts: 1368
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 pm
Location: U S Of A
Contact:

Re: [DEV] ReIMG Image Resizer

Post by John connor » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:31 pm

I'm unable to get this extension to work. I have the option set in the Extension tab under the ACP and I set the image settings under post settings for width and height to be 0. I had it at 640 x 480 and when I tried to see if this extension worked using a giant image my forum told me I had to use 640 x 480. Not sure how to get this to work.



Image



Image

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 16470
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Re: [DEV] ReIMG Image Resizer

Post by DavidIQ » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:48 pm

John connor wrote:I'm unable to get this extension to work.
DavidIQ wrote:Important: This is still in development and all that is available right now is the ACP module. This is why there is no download link. If you download from github and install you will only get the ACP module and nothing else. I am currently working on converting the JavaScript from the 2.0 MOD version to 3.0 but looks like I'll be starting from scratch.

If you'd like to comment on what you'd like to see added to this extension that's perfectly fine.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

Mattix
Registered User
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:00 pm

Re: [DEV] ReIMG Image Resizer

Post by Mattix » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:14 pm

Awesome to see this in development. It's the only thing still holding me back from upgrading :)

User avatar
John connor
Registered User
Posts: 1368
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 pm
Location: U S Of A
Contact:

Re: [DEV] ReIMG Image Resizer

Post by John connor » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:55 pm

DavidIQ wrote:
John connor wrote:I'm unable to get this extension to work.
DavidIQ wrote:Important: This is still in development and all that is available right now is the ACP module. This is why there is no download link. If you download from github and install you will only get the ACP module and nothing else. I am currently working on converting the JavaScript from the 2.0 MOD version to 3.0 but looks like I'll be starting from scratch.

If you'd like to comment on what you'd like to see added to this extension that's perfectly fine.

Okay, look forward to the final outcome. Don't have a request at this time. Thanks!

Post Reply

Return to “Extensions in Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chrono, KhurramMunawar and 23 guests

cron