[CDB] Failed logins

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
John connor
Name: Aaron

Re: [DEV] Failed logins

Post by John connor »

Doesn't seem to work. A normal user is still seeing the message on the index page that there was a failed login.
Having spam problems? Install this extension and/or this script.
How to help protect your site from hackers.
0FL ?FE<JKCP K?@EB PFL ;<:F;<;‌​​​​‌‌⁠‌‌​‌‌‌‌⁠‌‌​‌‌‌​⁠‌‌​​‌‌‌⁠‌‌‌​​‌​⁠‌‌​​​​‌⁠‌‌‌​‌​​⁠‌‌‌​‌​‌⁠‌‌​‌‌​​⁠‌‌​​​​‌⁠‌‌‌​‌​​⁠‌‌​‌​​‌⁠‌‌​‌‌‌‌⁠‌‌​‌‌‌​⁠‌‌‌​​‌‌⁠‌​​​​‌⁠‌​​​​​⁠‌​‌‌​​‌⁠‌‌​‌‌‌‌⁠‌‌‌​‌​‌⁠‌​​‌‌‌⁠‌‌‌​​‌​⁠‌‌​​‌​‌⁠‌​​​​​⁠‌‌‌​​‌‌⁠‌‌​‌‌​‌⁠‌‌​​​​‌⁠‌‌‌​​‌​⁠‌‌‌​‌​​⁠‌‌​​‌​‌⁠‌‌‌​​‌​⁠‌​​​​​⁠‌‌‌​‌​​⁠‌‌​‌​​​⁠‌‌​​​​‌⁠‌‌​‌‌‌​⁠‌​​​​​⁠‌​​‌​​‌⁠‌​​​​​⁠‌‌‌​‌​​⁠‌‌​‌​​​⁠‌‌​‌‌‌‌⁠‌‌‌​‌​‌⁠‌‌​​‌‌‌⁠‌‌​‌​​​⁠‌‌‌​‌​​⁠‌​‌‌‌​ K?@J D<JJ8><t +?@EB 8>8@Ec
Holger

Post by Holger »

Did you purge the cache?
John connor

Post by John connor »

That could be it! Let me do that!

Edit, that did it, thanks! :D
0FL ?FE<JKCP K?@EB PFL ;<:F;<;‌​​​​‌‌⁠‌‌​‌‌‌‌⁠‌‌​‌‌‌​⁠‌‌​​‌‌‌⁠‌‌‌​​‌​⁠‌‌​​​​‌⁠‌‌‌​‌​​⁠‌‌‌​‌​‌⁠‌‌​‌‌​​⁠‌‌​​​​‌⁠‌‌‌​‌​​⁠‌‌​‌​​‌⁠‌‌​‌‌‌‌⁠‌‌​‌‌‌​⁠‌‌‌​​‌‌⁠‌​​​​‌⁠‌​​​​​⁠‌​‌‌​​‌⁠‌‌​‌‌‌‌⁠‌‌‌​‌​‌⁠‌​​‌‌‌⁠‌‌‌​​‌​⁠‌‌​​‌​‌⁠‌​​​​​⁠‌‌‌​​‌‌⁠‌‌​‌‌​‌⁠‌‌​​​​‌⁠‌‌‌​​‌​⁠‌‌‌​‌​​⁠‌‌​​‌​‌⁠‌‌‌​​‌​⁠‌​​​​​⁠‌‌‌​‌​​⁠‌‌​‌​​​⁠‌‌​​​​‌⁠‌‌​‌‌‌​⁠‌​​​​​⁠‌​​‌​​‌⁠‌​​​​​⁠‌‌‌​‌​​⁠‌‌​‌​​​⁠‌‌​‌‌‌‌⁠‌‌‌​‌​‌⁠‌‌​​‌‌‌⁠‌‌​‌​​​⁠‌‌‌​‌​​⁠‌​‌‌‌​ K?@J D<JJ8><t +?@EB 8>8@Ec
tas2580

Re: [RC] Failed logins

Post by tas2580 »

No more Bugs reported for a long time so I think its time for RC.
John connor

Post by John connor »

It would be prudent to make the EXT not show the red message on index saying there was a login error to normal users by default. Was the code you gave me part of the EXT already?
tas2580

Post by tas2580 »

Sense of the extension is to show the red box to all users. The code that I gave you is not part of the extension.
John connor

Post by John connor »

That's kinda stupid, isn't? Why should a normal user know that someone entered the site with a bad password?
Holger

Post by Holger »

I think the user only sees how many failed logins where made ON HIS OWN ACCOUNT. Not overall.
martin123456
I've Been Banned!

Post by martin123456 »

I think you find if i login and use the wrong password then when i do login i will see the red message only

so if user A logins in wrong user B wont see the message as it has nothing to do with user B thats how i understand it any ways.

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_CODE_UNTIDY and S_MESS_ON_INDEX Good If_Not_TIDY_Then_SUBMIT -->
John connor

Post by John connor »

I'll experiment.
tas2580

Post by tas2580 »

Yes users see the red box only if someone tried to log in to the own account. As admin you can see all failed logins in the user log in ACP.
martin123456
I've Been Banned!

Post by martin123456 »

John connor

Post by John connor »

Now for some reason I don't see the red text on the index page after a failed login when I'm logged in as Admin. It worked before.
martin123456
I've Been Banned!

Post by martin123456 »

John connor wrote:Now for some reason I don't see the red text on the index page after a failed login when I'm logged in as Admin. It worked before.
Log out then enter the wrong password a few times then log back in and your see it.

John connor

Post by John connor »

That's what I do to test this. Ever since I changed the code it worked and now it doesn't. I thought it was my browser, but wasn't since I tried another browser. Will try some things.

Return to “Extensions in Development”