Extension Description: Empties the 'Subject' when (quick) replying to a topic. Modifies the text of the Last Post link on the board index or when viewing a forum to handle empty post subjects. Also modifies the search result titles to handle empty post subjects.
Extension Version: 1.1.0 (released)
Support: This extension is released. Please use this board for support: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ts/support
Requirements: phpBB 3.2
Empties the Subject when (quick) replying to a topic. Two settings are added in the ACP:
- Empties the Subject field in post editor when replying to a topic.
- Empties the Subject field in the quick reply editor when viewing a topic.
- The Last Post link displays the subject of the last post (default, this conforms to the phpBB default),
- it displays the title of the topic containing the last post, or
- it displays the post subject if it is not empty and the topic title otherwise.
Also modifies the search result titles (when displaying search results as posts) to handle empty post subjects. Possible settings in ACP:
- The search result titles display the subject of the post found by the search (default, this conforms to the phpBB default),
- they display the title of the topic containing the found post, or
- they display the post subject if it is not empty and the topic title otherwise.
Development Repository: https://github.com/Mar-tin-G/EmptyPostSubjects
Download at the development repository linked above via the "Download ZIP" button, or use this direct link: https://github.com/Mar-tin-G/EmptyPostS ... /1.0.0.zip
Create the following folder structure in your board, and extract the files and folders from the downloaded ZIP file there:
Activate the extension in the Admin Control Panel (ACP) on the Customise > Manage Extensions page.
Configure the extension in the ACP on the Extensions > Empty Post Subjects > Settings page.
Credits: This extension bases upon the MOD NV advanced last topic titles by nickvergessen, which the author abandoned. Thanks nickvergessen.