[DISC] PHPBB Admin ToolKit v2.0 Beta Finally Released!

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
starfoxtj

[DISC] PHPBB Admin ToolKit v2.0 Beta Finally Released!

Post by starfoxtj »

starfoxtj wrote: PHPBB Admin ToolKit Beta7.1 has been released.
Some potential issues have been addressed as well as a few additional features.

New Features in Beta 7.1:
1: Session security check.
Added an extra security check to ensure the session used in the toolkit, was generated by the toolkit. This prevents the toolkit from using the session information generated by other scripts on the server. What I call a cross-script-access vulnerability. It wont occur unless the third party script is located on the server the toolkit is, and uses the same session names.

2: MD5 Password Encryption.
Added MD5 password encryption instead of using plain text. This helps ensure your passwords are kept private even if a hacker does manage to gain shell/files system access to the server. The toolkit_config.php uses strictly md5 password hashes, where you may specify md5 or plain-text in the toolkit.php file if you enter it manually.

3: Search By ID.
In addition to the existing search, admins/mods may now search by user ID.

4: PM/ Display all posts by user.
If you want to pm a user you are viewing in the toolkit, or display their posts, instead of manually entering the information in the search page, or typing their username to pm, you can simply click a link. Its alot more efficient if you need to pm a bunch of users and dont want to tpye in 50 usernames.

Changes in Beta 7a:
1: Fixed a little typo with the phpbb_posts table.
The toolkit applies whatever table prefix is used in config.php to access the phpbb tables. On a few phpbb_posts querys, the table was only being accessed using the default phpbb_ prefex.

2: Changed the default "Go" value to "Board Config".
Changed the default "Go" value to "Board Config" instead of "Banlist" as many individuals seemed to be unable to find the board config option.
Now its listed right on the index as the default value.

Download
Here is the download link for the PHPBB Admin ToolKit Beta 7.1:
http://starfoxtj.no-ip.com/phpbb/toolki ... 2.0beta7.1

Previous releases (Beta7a)
starfoxtj wrote: PHPBB Admin ToolKit Beta7a has been released.
This is not a feature update, but is being released due to a legality issue with the Hackscan tool.

As you can read in thispost, I did get permission to use the "HackScan" tool by sneakyimp.
However, Vic and Techi-Michal re-wrote his original hackscan tool, but kept the same name. Both versions are called "HackScan", and when I asked sneaky for permission to use his tool, he assumed I was referring to the original one. He did not look at the version I offered him to view.

Vic told me that the hackscan tool that was included in my toolkit, can only be used as a stand alone package, and that I cannot include it in my toolkit in the furture.

Thanks for the understanding.

Changes in Beta 7a:
1: HackScan removal.
The Hackscan tool has been removed.

Download
Here is the download link for the PHPBB Admin ToolKit Beta 7a:
http://starfoxtj.no-ip.com/phpbb/toolki ... v2.0beta7a

Previous releases (Beta7)
starfoxtj wrote: PHPBB Admin ToolKit Beta7 has been released!

New Features in Beta 7:
1: Create Config.php.
By popular demand, I have included an option in this script to recreate the config.php file if it is not found in the directory.
Many users inadvertently delete the config.php file when updating their files and have a difficult time restoring it.

Now users can simply fill out their database information and it will create the config.php file exactly as phpbb does.

The toolkit will attempt to auto-chmod the forum folder right before it writes the config.php file, creates the file, then chmods it back to the default setting. If for some reason it is unable to gain the proper write permissions, it will display the needed information to create the config.php file manually.

2: Export User Email List.
I had many and seen many request on a way to gain the email list for al the registered members. Many people prefer using their own email client instead of phpbb for mass mailing due to the options.

Beta7 allows for email list export in all the popular formats, including:
1: Emails only
2: GMail CSV
3: Hotmail CSV
4: Yahoo! CSV
5: Outlook CSV

In addition to the a full export, the admin may export only selected users.
Simply check the ones you want, and export only the ones you want.

Also the Anonymous account is skipped when exporting, so there is no need to go back and uncheck it.

3: Specify New Password Hash.
For the last few releases, the toolkit has displayed the user's hash to the admin. Now the admin can enter the actual hash for a user instead of typing a new one. This may come in handy if you ever need to restore, or revert a password to an old hash, while keeping the user's password private.

4: Include Hidden User Support.
I have had a few users request to include support for hidden user status.
Any user that is marked as hidden will have a, (H) displayed next to their username.

Admins and mods can change the status of any user in the user edit screen, or they can bath hide/unhide any users that are checked.

5: User List Status.
Just a little status indicator in on the index.
I know many times I wanted to know how many user results were showed based on the search term I entered or the "Show" status.

This will indicate the number users shown in the current view.
(Useful if you wanted to count how many members are in a clan by their clan tag etc).

Changes in Beta 7:
1: Error messages contain more detail.
When creating the config.php, or toolkit_config.php, instead of getting an ugly message saying the operation has failed, a descriptive error will be displayed with thorough instructions on how to create the files manually.

Also added a die/error message if the database cannot be accessed or any critical database errors occur.

2: Made changes to the handling of form information.
When I first wrote this toolkit, I did not have it auto-add escape chars to the user/config fields due to the fact that I assumed the admins would prefer to do this manually, and therefore have more control.

However, I have received requests to add this due to the fact that many users attempt to add commas to the description, or member names and receive an error or the information is not entered.

Now all fields that are entered into the database are escaped using the mysql_real_escape_string function, and all html entities (such as the &, <>) characters are converted to their html equivalent.

Download
Here is the download link for the PHPBB Admin ToolKit Beta 7:
http://starfoxtj.no-ip.com/phpbb/toolki ... tv2.0beta7

FeedBack
As usual, please feel free to post and questions, problems or suggestions you may have as it helps me to fix any problems that may exist and to ensure that the toolkit is running smoothly :)

Previous releases (Beta6.1)
starfoxtj wrote: PHPBB Admin ToolKit beta6.1 has been released!

This is a minor release which adds three options. One of which will greatly help new users with the automatic installation process.

New Features in Beta 6.1:
1: CHMOD permissions on automatic installation (Method 1).
When using the automatic installation for the toolkit, most users in previous versions would get an error message indicating that permission is denied when creating the toolkit_config.php file.

This was due to the fact that by default, most linux webservers default to a chmod setting of 755 (meaning that no write access is allowed).
Beta6.1 will change the chmod settings when using the auto installation method (and ONLY when using this method) to 777, create the toolkit_config.php file then chmod it back to 755.
777 allows the script write access, so it may create the file. As soon as the file is created, the permissions default back to their original setting of 755.

This will allow for easy installation on any linux server without any sort of manual intervention. This is also true for windows servers as they dont even use chmod so they default to allow write access.

2: Display PHPBB Version on index.
Im surprised I have not added this feature long ago, its too obvious to miss!
On the index (after logging in) the PHPBB version number is displayed at the top. This will be helpful for users who have been hacked and dont know what version they are running.

3: Config.php file check.
If the config.php file does not exist, the toolkit will be disabled and display an error message.

Download
Here is the download link for the PHPBB Admin ToolKit Beta 6:
http://starfoxtj.no-ip.com/phpbb/toolki ... 2.0beta6.1

FeedBack
As usual, please feel free to post and questions, problems or suggestions you may have as it helps me to fix any problems that may exist and to ensure that the toolkit is running smoothly :)

Previous releases (Beta6)
starfoxtj wrote: PHPBB Admin ToolKit Beta6 has been released!

This version should address many feature requests I have had and greatly help with batch processing users. 8)

New Features in Beta 6:
1: Automatically Generate Toolkit Passwords.
This is an optional addition that will make installing the toolkit for new users VERY simple.
Instead of having to open and edit the file manually, you can simply upload it as-is and it will ask for the passwords the first time it is run.
Once the passwords are entered it will store them into a toolkit_config.php file the exact same way phpbb's config file works.

I know a many new users have difficulty setting the passwords because they are not yet familier with php. Now they no longer have to!
Advanced users can still set passwords the old way. See the accompanied instructions for more information.

2: Style Support.
I know lately there have been alot of nigga hacks and admins are unable to get inside their own admin panel because the style is messed up.
You can now change the default style, and override user styles within the toolkit Board Config.
This allows everyone access back into the board.

3: Reset SubSilver CSS.
In some really bad cases, a hacker, or sometimes just user error will result in subsilver template getting fubar (fouled up beyond all recognition).
Beta6 has an option to rebuild the Subsilver database information by deleting the existing subsilver row and inserting a new one with the subsilver defaults.

4: Includes HackScan Tool.
A big thanks to sneakyimpfor allowing me to include his HackScan tool in my toolkit.
Now users can run it directly from the script and stay secure instead of having to upload a separate file.
HackScan is an awesome tool for rooting out backdoor scripts hackers leave behind on your server.

5: Logout user on ban.
Beta6 will logout any logged in users that are banned.

6: MD5 Password Hasher.
I have seen many users in need of generating an md5 hash for a password and have a difficult time finding one.
Now one is included right inside the toolkit!

7: Show Admins Password Hash.
Due to a few requests, admins when logged in will see the password hash of registered users.
This was added so admins can check if a hash actually exists and is installed correctly for certain users instead of digging through the database.

8: Drop activation key on deactivation.
When deactivating users their activation key can now be dropped.
This is handy if you have a bunch of spam bots register yet are not currently active. By clearing the activation key they cant get active!

9: Clear Website or Signature.
By popular request, you can now clear the website and/or signature fields of 1 to all users on your board.
Many times spam bots will register with an offensive sig or web link, now you just search for anyone containing that information and clear it all out in one go!

10: Expanded Search Capabilities.
You may now search by: Username, Email, Website, signiture, location, interests or occupation.
This was another feature added to combat spam bots. If you had a ton of bots register with a certain sig or website, you can search for it and ban/deactivate/clear them all at once.

11: Batch User Resnc.
Past releases included a user post count resync option.
However the detected amount needed to be entered manually and could only be done on a single user at a time.
Now you can batch resynt user post counts on any number of users on your board.

Changes in Beta 6:
1: Prevent mod User_level change on batch convert.
Fixed a tiny little bug in beta 5 that would change the user level on phpbb moderator accounts when you batch promote/demote users.
Now if a user has a user_level of 2 they will be skipped.
(This is due to the fact that many changes need to be made to actually drop someone's mod status. Their level only reflects that they have mod status on at least one forum.)

Download
Here is the download link for the PHPBB Admin ToolKit Beta 6:
http://starfoxtj.no-ip.com/phpbb/toolki ... tv2.0beta6

FeedBack

Previous release (Beta5)

PHPBB Admin ToolKit Beta5 has been released!

While not alot of new features have been added, they are handy! :P

New Features in Beta 5:
1: Fully supports mass user editing.
Yep thats right, you can now check anywhere form 1, to all the users on your board and "batch" process them. Includes the option to:
Ban/Unban any/all users.
Activate/Deactivate any/all users
and Promote to admin/demote to user any/all users.

I know alot of people get hit by spam bots and they register 1000 accounts with a hotmail email, now just search for @hotmail.com in the email search, check all and click ban! :P

This is also handy incase a hacker gets in and promotes all the users on your board to an admin (yep that has happened to a few people). You can now set them all to a normal user with two clicks!

2: Recreate the Anonymous Account
I know alot of people accidently delete the anonymous account. This will detect if the account exists, and if it does not give you an option to recreate it.

3: Added PHPInfo() option for admins.
I know alot of people are asked to check their phpinfo() settings and they usually have to make and upload a new file every time a request is made, now they can do so directly from within this toolkit!

For security purposes, only admins may view the phpinfo, so mods cant get their hands on possibly sensitive information.

Download
Here is the download link for the PHPBB Admin ToolKit Beta 5:
http://starfoxtj.no-ip.com/phpbb/toolki ... tv2.0beta5

FeedBack

Previous releases (Beta3)

PHPBB Admin ToolKit Beta4 has been released!

In the 17 pages of additional code this toolkit now gives alot more power to mods, while still preventing them from changing sensitive information, as well as many additional enhancements.

New Features in Beta 4:
1: Fully functional board configuration.
This is the biggest addition to the toolkit. You can edit all the major board configuration settings such as domain, disable, cookie settings, email settings and more. :P

2: Auto-Detect Forum domain, script path, port, cookie domain, cookie path and cookie name!
This will greatly help alot of new admins as they can simply use this toolkit to detect all this information if they choose. 8)

3: Added User post count resync.
I know many times the admin may change a user's post count, and have a difficult time determining what their actual count is. This scans the phpbb_posts table to determine how many actual posts exist for the selected user.

4: Added full avatar support.
Past versions of this toolkit only allowed the avatar to be changed when a remote image is in use. This version allows the admin/mod to specify which avatar type the user will use.

5: More mod options.
I have received many requests asking that the mods are permitted to change many of the admin settings, such as user interests, website, sig, avatar and rank.
Now mods have access to all of these settings, and the admin can specify whether or not to allow mods to change the user ranks.

6: Increased admin account security.
This prevents mods from viewing admin information. I have received some requests asking to include this feature as some destructive mods have been changing admin post counts, banning them etc.

7: Added search cursor focus.
To help speed up searching for user accounts, as soon as the main index is displayed the cursor is placed in the search field (just like the password field on the login screen).

New Features in Beta 4:
1: Conversion of left and right arrows in the user profile.
This will convert any left and right arrows <> to their html equivalent.
This prevents people from using html tags in their profile (phpbb does this by default, and now this toolkit does the same).

2: Default to full email addresses.
I have received a few requests to show the full email by default on the main index, as alot of users prefer full instead of short. This request has been added.

3: Made an adjustment to show full email addresses in the banlist.
In previous releases the email status (full or short) in the banlist would reflect the full/short setting on the main index.
Now all emails in the banlist are displayed in full.

4: Changed the Username/Email search to be compatible.
There was an issue with the javascript onchange() function not working in IE to change the search type. I have replaced it with a standard text link.

5: Fixed a little bug when viewing Inactive users.
There was a little bug that would not reset the counter when changing from one view mode to the inactive user mod that prevented the next/previos links from working properly.

Previous releases (Beta3)

After MANY hours of hard work, the PHPBB Admin ToolKit Beta 3 has finally been released!

This version supports some AWSOME new features in the 19 pages of additional code that has been added. The entire order and list settings are now all stored in sessions instead of query strings! This way the current order you have set will never be reset unless you log out of the toolkit, even if you change the page. :wink:

New Features in Beta 3:
1: Supports User Ranks in the user edit screen.
You can now easily change user ranks without having to dig through phpbb's ACP!

2: Lists the current number of registered users
Instead of having to go back into phpbb to see the number of users, it is now displayed on the toolkit index. (Including the Anonymous account)

3: Can disable the "Mod" login.
I have had a few requests to use only the admin login.
To disable the mod login, simply use '' as the mod password to disable that option all together.

4: No more "Click here to list all users" option.
This is the second biggest enhancment to the toolkit.
This version fully supports pages! It lists 25 users by default on a single page, you can go forward or backwards through the userlist.
Includes: next, previous, first and last links for easy navagation.

5: Able to specify the number of users to display per page.
The toolkit defaults to 25 users per page, however this may be changed to: 50, 75, 100, 150, 200 and "All Users".

6: Most options replaced with combo boxes.
In order to help keep the "options" list neat, all the options on the index have been replaced with combo-boxes.

7: This is the biggest feature of beta 3:
A fully working search engine for BOTH usernames and email addresses!

Simply type a partial or full username/email address in the "Edit User" (now "Search User") textbox to display only users with those characters in their name or email! :P

I have had a great deal of requests, and have seen many users ask how to find certin users by email address. Now you can just type it in here and get a list of all matching results.

You can also use the email search feature to list all users with a hotmail, gmail or yahoo account by simply typing the name. Its also great for clans, you can enter the clan tag to display only members in that clan.

This feature VERY helpful for large boards as it is very time consuming to sift through 50 pages of users.

Partially Finished Features in Beta 3:
1: Board Configuration.
This allows users to easily edit just about all the settings in the board configuration page. Very helpful for the domain, and cookie settings (incase they are incorrect).

2: Delete User
This option is about 90% finished, as I am still working on allowing the admin to not only delete the user, but all of his posts.

Previous releases
Here is the v2.0 Beta2 release of the PHPBB Admin ToolKit.

The current list of features supported in this version include:

Original Features:
1: Separate passwords for Admin and Moderator login.

2: Lists all of the users in the database.

3: Can sort user listing by: username, user id, or post count, in normal
or reverse order.

4: Can filter the list to show only banned members.

5: Can filter the list to show only Administrators.

6: Can Ban/Unban Users.

7: Can promote/demote users to Administrators.

8: Can change user post counts.

9: Board Admins can specify whether or not to allow toolkit mods to ban/unban users.

10: Board Admins can specify whether or not to allow toolkit mods to
change user post counts.

11: Added an extra security feature to disable the entire toolkit if the password(s) are left at the default. (Incase someone uploads the file but does not specify admin/mod passwords.)

12: Added a security feature that prevents toolkit mods from promoting users to a admin/user regardless of how the options are configured. (Only the admin can promote/demote users to admin.)

13: The toolkit will prevent banning of the Anonymous account, regardless of how the options are configured. (This account is required for phpbb to function)

14: Easy to use interface.

15: Automatically reads the database information from the config.php file, so no need to specify the dbname, location or table prefix.

16: The entire toolkit is contained within one file.

17: The script automatically verifies whether or not the database is MySQL. If not, the script will terminate.

New features:
1: Change Usernames :P

2: Change User Passwords :wink:

3: Change Email Addresses

4: Change User Location

5: Change User Occupation

6: Change User Interests

7: Change User Signature

8: Display and change the user avatar.

9: Change user active status

10: Change whether or not the user can send PMs

11: Change whether or not the user can use avatars

12: The main userlist now displays the emails for all registered members. Now you can search by email by just hitting CTRL+F ;)

13: Show only inactive users/show user status on the main user list.

14: A FULL banlist. This lists all banned usernames, email addresses and IP addresses. The admin/mod can unban or ban any of these directly from the toolkit. 8)

Features to be added to v2.0:
Board Config. Will allow the admin to change almost all board settings right from the toolkit. This would include:
Disable Board
Board Name, Description
Cookie Path
Script Path
Email settings
Account Activation
Allow PM

Here is the link to the v2.0 beta, please let me know what you think, or if you encounter any problems:
http://starfoxtj.no-ip.com/phpbb/toolki ... tv2.0beta6

Instructions (For v1.1.4, but the installation/config is the same for v2.0):
http://starfoxtj.no-ip.com/phpbb/toolkit

Demo:
http://starfoxtj.no-ip.com/phpbb/toolkit/demo/

I have spent countless hours working on this helpful tool, and I hope you find it as useful as I do. :D
Last edited by starfoxtj on Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:44 pm, edited 32 times in total.
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!

Shof515

Post by Shof515 »

is there a downoad somewhere so i give this mod a try
Whos missing up my sig?

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

Yep, at the bottom of the fist post but here it is again:
http://starfoxtj.no-ip.com/phpbb/toolki ... tv2.0beta1
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!

Shof515

Post by Shof515 »

What do i name and save this file?
Where do i put it once it is saved as a file?
Whos missing up my sig?

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

You can use any name (normally toolkit.php), as long as it has a php extention.

Then just upload it to your forum/phpbb directory.

testebr

Post by testebr »

You can place any screens?

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

So....

Any feedback? Problems? Suggestions?

Homeskillet

Post by Homeskillet »

Sounds neat...and considering I can't access my admin control panel right now anyway at least this way I can ban users if I needed to until someone graciously helps me fix my problem with ACP. :twisted:

My only question before I try this out is...if for some reason it gives me errors and further messes up my board can I just remove the one file from the directory to restore everything back to the way it is now? Make sense?

I am so leary of doing anything that isn't reversible now.

I really need to get into my ACP but I think this will be a temp fix to at least allow me to perform admin functions until I get it fixed.

Thanks for any help/answers you may have for me.

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

If there is a problem, use the stable version (1.1.4). This has been fully tested and no one has yet found a problem

v2.0 beta is fairly stable, but its not yet finished.

As for removing it, you can simply delete the file.
It should not make any changes to your database unless you choose to do so in the script (such as banning a member).

Homeskillet

Post by Homeskillet »

I just uploaded the first one and it works, thank you.

Maybe I missed this, but what is the anonymous user? And how do they have 46 posts? And a negative id number?

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

That is the "user" people use when browsing the forums without being logged in. If your board has/or allowed users to post wihtout first registering, they would of been using this account.

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

Do you guys think I should include a mass delete option for user accounts?
I am already adding an option to delete a user in the user screen, but I am feeling this might not be enough.

What about having a check box next to each username with a "Delete Checked Users" button? This would allow for admins to easily delete 1-1000s of accounts at once if they have been registered by a bot.

Just let me know if anyone would like this so I can get to work on it.

pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Post by pentapenguin »

Very handy piece tool! :P
What about adding an option when deleting a user to delete all of their posts too?
Support Resources: Support Request Template
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.

JohninLA

Post by JohninLA »

I installed the beta version, and it loads with no problems. This could come in handy.

I am, however, getting the following error messages at the top of all screens:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/*******/public_html/pphbb/toolkit.php:1) in /home/*******/public_html/pphbb/toolkit.php on line 47

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/*******/public_html/pphbb/toolkit.php:1) in /home/*******/public_html/pphbb/toolkit.php on line 47

I'm not sure what is causing this. This is line 47:

session_start();

Thanks.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”