How I Can Reset my Admin Password

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
shahzaib

How I Can Reset my Admin Password

Post by shahzaib »

Unfortunately, I reset my password yesterday and I forgot this and now I want to reset my password but Email is is not being sent from board to me for reset the password. and I read the previous post to reset the password my I am not familiar to this board nor I am I.T Expert. so please tell me in simple way to reset the password or how to create Admin1 ID.
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Re: How I Can Reset my Admin Password

Post by Oyabun1 »

In phpMyAdmin, run the following SQL quer, which will create an admin user named Admin1 with a password of admin. From that point you should be able to get into the ACP.

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_jabber, user_actkey, user_newpasswd) VALUES (3, 5, 'Admin1', 'admin1', 0, '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', 'admin@example.com', 'en', 1, 1, 'AA0000', 1, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '');
Change your table prefix if it is not phpbb_

See Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin if you are unfamiliar with running database queries.

As soon as you have done this, use the temporary admin account to change the details on the original admin account, then delete the temporary account.
This is because:
  1. anyone could use that account to log in to your board if you didn’t change the password.
  2. this temporary user has not been fully set up (e.g. it is not a member of the “Registered users” group, so it won’t have normal access to your forums).
To remove the account you will first need to remove “founder” status from it: ACP > USERS AND GROUPS tab > Manage Users > Admin1 > Overview > Founder = No
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
shahzaib

Post by shahzaib »

I just find the phpmyadmin in Cpanel but when i run the provided query the following error is
Capture.PNG
Oyabun1
Former Team Member

Post by Oyabun1 »

As the instructions said you need to change the table prefix if it is not phpbb_. Your prefix is pp3_ so the query would be

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO pp3_users (user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_jabber, user_actkey, user_newpasswd) VALUES (3, 5, 'Admin1', 'admin1', 0, '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', 'admin@example.com', 'en', 1, 1, 'AA0000', 1, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '');
                      Support Request Template
shahzaib

Post by shahzaib »

Thanks ALot :D :D Just I've Put the Code which was provided by you and than I've login as Admin1 and than 1 change my password of Original Admin ID than removed Admin1 from founder than deleted ID of Admin1. is it ok ??
Last edited by KevC on Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed large bold red text
Oyabun1
Former Team Member

Post by Oyabun1 »

If you can now log in and you deleted the Admin1 user, rather than just the ID, then yes.
                      Support Request Template
shahzaib

Post by shahzaib »

Yes I can login and I have deleted admin1 ID.
moredik

Post by moredik »

i have the same problem with my password, i followed the instructions from @Oyabun1 and i got this err, can someone help me please?
Attachments
Untitled.png
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Look at your table extensions...it is phpbbp2_ not phpb441_
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Please start your own topic especially as this one is almost two years old and marked as solved (Image) by first please filling out the Support Request Template and posting it back in your new topic to enable us to assist you better.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
moredik

Post by moredik »

RMcGirr83 wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:01 am
Look at your table extensions...it is phpbbp2_ not phpb441_
thank you so much, my problem is now solved. :D

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”