[3.2][DEV] phpBB two factor authentication

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
MaxHayman

Re: [3.2][DEV] phpBB two factor authentication

Post by MaxHayman » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:31 pm

Am I right that if we set "Require 2FA for all users" it will force all users to add a 2fa and require it to log in every time?

Is there an option which is 'Users can add 2FA if they want. but if they do they will need it to login."

Edit: Seems to be "Do not require 2fa"

However I seem to be automatically logged out every ~15m. Anyone know the cause of this?

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Re: [3.2][DEV] phpBB two factor authentication

Post by Paul » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:53 am

MaxHayman wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:31 pm
Hey,

Would it be possible to require certain fields to be populated in the user profile when they enable 2FA? Ideally we would like to have their First and Last name on their profile to verify if they forget their 2FA codes.

Thanks
This isn't something this extension will do. You will need to request a new extension for it.
MaxHayman wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:31 pm
Am I right that if we set "Require 2FA for all users" it will force all users to add a 2fa and require it to log in every time?
yes.
Is there an option which is 'Users can add 2FA if they want. but if they do they will need it to login."

Edit: Seems to be "Do not require 2fa"
yes that's the right option

However I seem to be automatically logged out every ~15m. Anyone know the cause of this?
that sounds like your cookie settings are incorrect.
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

Return to “Extensions in Development”