[SOLVED] Import from Forumatic

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
matias.noriega

[SOLVED] Import from Forumatic

Post by matias.noriega »

Hi everyone, I need some help with an export. Now i've been running a forum for my University on Forumatic, it's something for the students, nothing to do with the University administration. So it's very "amateur", it has a lot of sub-forums, very little threads, and so long, very few visits (Most people register and never post, or everyone enter as guest).

The thing is, i've reading this forum and experiencing that Forumatic isn't the best choice, i did choose it in first place because i had no-idea on how running a phpbb forum and now after a large path of bumps i've done it! Now, a week before installing my own phpbb, i've paid Forumatic a basic account for adding 1 mod (mini-chat), and now i want to migrate from it...

I've exported the db using the 3.1.x option, but when I create the new forum, and i import the db in phpMyAdmin, the forum crashes and i have to do it all again from scratch.Is there any way to migrate the forum?

Forumatic do not answer me, so here i am... I'm no expert, but if you guide me maybe i can do it, i'm going to try the sql basics this quarter to see if i can find a solution. My ultimate solution is repost everything on my new board, thread by thread, but i don't want to loose the users that already has been created

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english! :D
Last edited by matias.noriega on Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Import from Forumatic

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

what version is your forumatic board?

what version did you install?

how exactly did you export the database. detailed steps please.

it they do not match then you have to update the database after you import it to the new board.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
matias.noriega

Post by matias.noriega »

Sorry for the lack of data, i didn't know wich one was necessary:

Forumatic is running on Forumatic Special Edition version, the new board i've installed current version is 3.1.7-pl1.

For exportin the db i went to the Forumatic (Page, not the board) and inside the account settings i clicked on "Export forum data" then choosed phpBB "Ascraeus" 3.1 as data export format. It created a *tar.bz2 file that i exctracted on my hd. That created a folder with Avaters, images, etc, and a file called database.sql

Once i start running the new board, i've entered it's database from my hosting then phpMyAdmin, went to IMPORT and from there search and selected the database.sql file that i extracted earlier. phpMyAdmin tells me that the import was successfull but then when i want to enter the forum is crashed.

¿How do I update the database?

Thanks for the answer!
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

what does "crashed" mean? exactly what happens.

how about a link to the new board so we can see what is happening.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
matias.noriega

Post by matias.noriega »

This is what happens when i import the old db http://www.uno-foros.com.ar/

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Loader' with message 'Unable to find template "index_body.html" (looked into: ).' in /www/mn-diseno.com.ar/foro/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php:195 Stack trace: #0 /www/mn-diseno.com.ar/foro/phpbb/template/twig/loader.php(107): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->findTemplate('index_body.html') #1 /www/mn-diseno.com.ar/foro/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php(138): phpbb\template\twig\loader->findTemplate('index_body.html') #2 /www/mn-diseno.com.ar/foro/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(266): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->getCacheKey('index_body.html') #3 /www/mn-diseno.com.ar/foro/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(324): Twig_Environment->getTemplateClass('index_body.html', NULL) #4 /www/mn-diseno.com.ar/foro/phpbb/template/twig/environment.php(151): Twig_Environment->loadTemplate('index_body.html', NULL) #5 /www/mn-diseno.com.ar/foro/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(308): phpbb\template\twig\environment->loadTemplate('index_body.html') #6 /www in /www/mn-diseno.com.ar/foro/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 195
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Do you have the built-in prosilver style installed and set to primary style?
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
matias.noriega

Post by matias.noriega »

Oh... No.

Let me restore the board, make a new export from the old with the style default changed...
matias.noriega

Post by matias.noriega »

3Di wrote:Do you have the built-in prosilver style installed and set to primary style?
Great! Now the board loads! With all the sub-forums! But there is no threads, and when i try to log in with my user shows me this:
Error General
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Data too long for column 'user_password' at row 1 [1406]

Ocurrió un error SQL mientras recuperaba esta página. Por favor contacta con La Administración del Sitio si el problema persiste.
EDIT: It shows in the index the last post of each sub forum, the last user created, the last activities, but when i try to enter shows this:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column 'p.post_visibility' in 'field list' [1054]
And It doesnt let me log-in with the admin account
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

in your phpBB3/config.php file set these two define this way
FIND

@define('DEBUG', true);
@define('DEBUG_CONTAINER', true);
CHANGE TO

define('DEBUG', true);
define('DEBUG_CONTAINER', true);
SAVE
purge the cache in ACP, try again, and report the errors into a bbcode code tags
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

matias.noriega wrote:Oh... No.

Let me restore the board, make a new export from the old with the style default changed...
Step by step, forgot to say..
Do the same step but this time ALSO with the language en-gb (british english (the one that's shipped with)).
I saw you got problems there into your board, related.
matias.noriega

Post by matias.noriega »

3Di wrote:

Do the same step but this time ALSO with the language en-gb (british english (the one that's shipped with)).
I saw you got problems the into your board related.
Doing this right now.
3Di wrote:in your phpBB3/config.php file set these two define this way
FIND

@define('DEBUG', true);
@define('DEBUG_CONTAINER', true);
CHANGE TO

define('DEBUG', true);
define('DEBUG_CONTAINER', true);
SAVE
purge the cache in ACP, try again, and report the errors into a bbcode code tags
I'm going to change that, but i can't log-in as admin to enter the ACP.

Thank you very much for helping me!
matias.noriega

Post by matias.noriega »

matias.noriega wrote:
3Di wrote:

I saw you got problems the into your board related.
Doing this right now.
Did this and now the board crashes again

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Loader' with message 'Unable to find template "index_body.html" (looked into: ).' in /www/mn-diseno.com.ar/foro/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php:195 Stack trace: #0 /www/mn-diseno.com.ar/foro/phpbb/template/twig/loader.php(107): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->findTemplate('index_body.html') #1 /www/mn-diseno.com.ar/foro/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php(138): phpbb\template\twig\loader->findTemplate('index_body.html') #2 /www/mn-diseno.com.ar/foro/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(266): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->getCacheKey('index_body.html') #3 /www/mn-diseno.com.ar/foro/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(324): Twig_Environment->getTemplateClass('index_body.html', NULL) #4 /www/mn-diseno.com.ar/foro/phpbb/template/twig/environment.php(151): Twig_Environment->loadTemplate('index_body.html', NULL) #5 /www/mn-diseno.com.ar/foro/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(308): phpbb\template\twig\environment->loadTemplate('index_body.html') #6 /www in /www/mn-diseno.com.ar/foro/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 195
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

Did you set Prosilver and en-gb as default prior to export your DB from forumatic?

Did you set the option DROP Tables too (if exists, there)
It will allow you to automatically DROP the tables already created into your forum's DB while importing your forumatic's DB backup SQL to you new forum's DB.

edit: You can clear the cache folder via FTP, except for .htaccess and index.html files.
matias.noriega

Post by matias.noriega »

3Di wrote:Did you set Prosilver and en-gb as default prior to export your DB from forumatic?
Yes, in first place i only switched Prosilver to default and it worked, now i switched en-gb as default too, it crashes.
3Di wrote: Did you set the option DROP Tables too (if exists, there)
It will allow you to automatically DROP the tables already created into your forum's DB while importing your forumatic's DB backup SQL to you new forum's DB.
Not sure where do that, on Forumatic (account administration and board administration) don't give me the option.
3Di wrote: edit: You can clear the cache folder via FTP, except for .htaccess and index.html files.
I'll do that

EDIT: Encoding or other options like that can make trouble?
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

Tip: drop you forum's DB and re-create it with the same credentials but with UTF8-bin encoding, then import the DB.
Let's see.

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”