ip or proxy !! but what is it ?? 127.0.0.1

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Post Reply
BF79
Registered User
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:28 pm

ip or proxy !! but what is it ?? 127.0.0.1

Post by BF79 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:14 pm

Hello my friends!! I need to understand something..I found many members posted today with this ip 127.0.0.1 !! I know that they are not the same person !!
I need your help !!

thanks

User avatar
3Di
Former Team Member
Posts: 14389
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Milan (IT) Frankfurt (DE)
Name: Marco
Contact:

Re: ip or proxy !! but what is it ?? 127.0.0.1

Post by 3Di » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:38 pm

BF79 wrote:Hello my friends!! I need to understand something..I found many members posted today with this ip 127.0.0.1 !! I know that they are not the same person !!
I need your help !!

thanks
This IP usually means LOCALHOST, it is also a reserved IP in fact.

Some hosters are used to give their users the LOCALHOST value, I suspect you are using cloudflare there..

BF79
Registered User
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:28 pm

Re: ip or proxy !! but what is it ?? 127.0.0.1

Post by BF79 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:31 pm

3Di wrote:
BF79 wrote:Hello my friends!! I need to understand something..I found many members posted today with this ip 127.0.0.1 !! I know that they are not the same person !!
I need your help !!

thanks
This IP usually means LOCALHOST, it is also a reserved IP in fact.

Some hosters are used to give their users the LOCALHOST value, I suspect you are using cloudflare there..
yeah ..cloudflare !!!
but after I edited.. was ok !!
BF79 wrote:
MedCo wrote:
BF79 wrote:good ext !!! but cloudflare gives to my members another ip !! so will not help me much !! :(
open phpbb\session.php
search

Code: Select all

    $this->ip = htmlspecialchars_decode($request->server('REMOTE_ADDR'));
replaced with

Code: Select all

    $this->ip = htmlspecialchars_decode($request->server('HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP'));
Now the correct IP reappears.
now I read this!! I don't understand!!!
3Di wrote:Do not MOD the core code of phpBB, read this:
https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us ... mit=Search instead.

Anyway, thanks for feedback, I'll se what to cook about that.

User avatar
RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Posts: 21034
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Your display
Name: Rich McGirr
Contact:

Re: ip or proxy !! but what is it ?? 127.0.0.1

Post by RMcGirr83 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:04 pm

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us ... ith-PHPBB-
If you are using an Apache server, then we would recommend installing mod_cloudflare to restore the visitor IP back to your logs.
then you don't have to modify core phpBB code.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

BF79
Registered User
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:28 pm

Re: ip or proxy !! but what is it ?? 127.0.0.1

Post by BF79 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:25 pm

RMcGirr83 wrote:https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us ... ith-PHPBB-
If you are using an Apache server, then we would recommend installing mod_cloudflare to restore the visitor IP back to your logs.
then you don't have to modify core phpBB code.
Apache server !! I don't know.. !! well I was in shared host and now upgrade to VPS.. all what I can say.. + the support did everything for me !! I don't know how to do..

ok I will back the code again
$this->ip = htmlspecialchars_decode($request->server('REMOTE_ADDR'));
and after what I should to do ?? installing mod_cloudflare ?? works with phpbb 3.1.9 ?

thx

User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 66858
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am
Contact:

Re: ip or proxy !! but what is it ?? 127.0.0.1

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:33 pm

mod_cloudfare has nothing to do with phpbb. it is something that you install on the server.

I suggest if you do not know how to run a server that you either go back to shared hosting or hire someone to run the VPS for you, or spend some time learning how to run a VPS.


or, you could simply turn off cloudfare and not have to worry about all the problems it causes.

robert

Jacks0n
Registered User
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:46 pm

Re: ip or proxy !! but what is it ?? 127.0.0.1

Post by Jacks0n » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:30 am

I don't really understand what you are doing @OP.
Anyways, if you don't know how to install mod_cloudflare you either turn off clodflare so you get rid of the problems it gives or follow this tutorial -> viewtopic.php?p=13936406#p13936406

User avatar
3Di
Former Team Member
Posts: 14389
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Milan (IT) Frankfurt (DE)
Name: Marco
Contact:

Re: ip or proxy !! but what is it ?? 127.0.0.1

Post by 3Di » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:50 am

Jacks0n wrote:I don't really understand what you are doing @OP.
Anyways, if you don't know how to install mod_cloudflare you either turn off clodflare so you get rid of the problems it gives or follow this tutorial -> viewtopic.php?p=13936406#p13936406
viewtopic.php?f=496&t=2269396&p=14480276#p14480276

User avatar
3Di
Former Team Member
Posts: 14389
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Milan (IT) Frankfurt (DE)
Name: Marco
Contact:

Re: ip or proxy !! but what is it ?? 127.0.0.1

Post by 3Di » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:54 am

BF79 wrote:and after what I should to do ??
Ask you host to support you installing themselves mod_cloudflare onto their servers where applicable, else ask for an extension to be made for.

If you are using my IP Country Flag Extension just hold the line and I will try and cook something about that.
If your problem is just for my extension though you should ask support there where you got the extension from. :)

Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”