[3.2][RC] User Details

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
User avatar
david63
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 15606
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:08 am
Location: Lancashire, UK
Name: David Wood
Contact:

Re: [3.2][RC] User Details

Post by david63 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:56 am

Exabot wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:52 am
There could be an additional cell: style used
Don't know what you mean - there is already "Style" option in the list
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Exabot
Translator
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:21 pm
Location: Estonia

Re: [3.2][RC] User Details

Post by Exabot » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:51 pm

david63 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:56 am
Exabot wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:52 am
There could be an additional cell: style used
Don't know what you mean - there is already "Style" option in the list
What style users uses.

User avatar
david63
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 15606
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:08 am
Location: Lancashire, UK
Name: David Wood
Contact:

Re: [3.2][RC] User Details

Post by david63 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:01 pm

Exabot wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:51 pm
david63 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:56 am
Exabot wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:52 am
There could be an additional cell: style used
Don't know what you mean - there is already "Style" option in the list
What style users uses.
That's already there - 5th or 6th item on the list
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

User avatar
wads24
Registered User
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:44 am
Name: James

Re: [3.2][RC] User Details

Post by wads24 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:19 pm

wads24 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:16 am
david63 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:38 am
Sorry but there is little I can do about your server resources
Would it be possible to select how many to download? Maybe download in sections or refine the search not to show all?
I guess that isn't possible David?
Thanks in advance for a reply.

User avatar
david63
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 15606
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:08 am
Location: Lancashire, UK
Name: David Wood
Contact:

Re: [3.2][RC] User Details

Post by david63 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:48 pm

wads24 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:19 pm
wads24 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:16 am
david63 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:38 am
Sorry but there is little I can do about your server resources
Would it be possible to select how many to download? Maybe download in sections or refine the search not to show all?
I guess that isn't possible David?
Not without a major re-write
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

User avatar
wads24
Registered User
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:44 am
Name: James

Re: [3.2][RC] User Details

Post by wads24 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:35 pm

david63 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:48 pm
wads24 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:19 pm
wads24 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:16 am
david63 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:38 am
Sorry but there is little I can do about your server resources
Would it be possible to select how many to download? Maybe download in sections or refine the search not to show all?
I guess that isn't possible David?
Not without a major re-write
Okay, Thanks david63! I guess this will not work for someone with a large forum and shared hosting limitations on processes time frames. I have removed it. Please let me know if you decide to upgrade it for other users with large forums.
Thanks in advance for a reply.

Jeffstev
Registered User
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:46 am

Re: [3.2][RC] User Details

Post by Jeffstev » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:45 pm

This is a nice MOD but I'm looking for someone to Modify this MOD or the built-in User list feature. *solicitation deleted**

What's needed:
  • A search feature where I can search on any Custom profile fields we've defined
  • A sort/filter feature where I can sort on any Custom profile fields we've defined, not just email or username
  • Lastly a way to expose this predefined searchable list of attributes to our userbase as a whole, not just the ACP.
Honestly I don't know why this isn't a part of standard PHPBB. Its such a basic need it pains me to even have to post this request. But... I get it. Perhaps our board is just special in that our users and admins want to search by someone's real name. Some folks still have real names...

Jeff
Last edited by HiFiKabin on Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
david63
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 15606
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:08 am
Location: Lancashire, UK
Name: David Wood
Contact:

Re: [3.2][RC] User Details

Post by david63 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:54 am

Jeffstev wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:45 pm
What's needed:

A search feature where I can search on any Custom profile fields we've defined

A sort/filter feature where I can sort on any Custom profile fields we've defined, not just email or username

Lastly a way to expose this predefined searchable list of attributes to our userbase as a whole, not just the ACP.
The way that the memberlist is currently written non of that is possible as an extension and would require some major core editing
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Post Reply

Return to “Extensions in Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hartenheer, koraldon, lopoto, mrgoldy, Paul, pikachuturkey, remoss and 23 guests