3.2 upgrade problem

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
whatnot

3.2 upgrade problem

Post by whatnot » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:28 pm

I updated from 3.1 to 3.2 and everything seems to be working except the notifications at the top of the screen. If clicking on any new notifications, I get this error. Usually I can fix most problems using the search here but not sure what I did this time.

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php on line 445: strtolower() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\ServiceNotFoundException' with message 'You have requested a non-existent service "".' in /home/boilerforums/outdoorboilerforums.com/forum/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php:816 

Stack trace: 
#0 /home/boilerforums/outdoorboilerforums.com/forum/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php(456): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->getDefinition(NULL) 
#1 /home/boilerforums/outdoorboilerforums.com/forum/phpbb/notification/manager.php(881): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->get(Array) 
#2 /home/boilerforums/outdoorboilerforums.com/forum/phpbb/notification/manager.php(870): phpbb\notification\manager->load_object(Array) 
#3 /home/boilerforums/outdoorboilerforums.com/forum/phpbb/notification/manager.php(115): phpbb\notification\manager->get_method_class(Array) 
#4 /home/boilerforums/outdoorboilerforums.com/forum/index.php(49): phpbb\notification\manager->load_notifications(Array in /home/boilerforums/outdoorboilerforums.com/forum/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php on line 816

whatnot

Re: 3.2 upgrade problem

Post by whatnot » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:06 am

Any ideas on what is the problem?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:25 am

what upgrade method did you use?

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

whatnot

Post by whatnot » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:21 pm

I tried to follow the directions here: https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... upgrade31/

P_I

Post by P_I » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:29 pm

Are you perhaps using the Board Rules extension? If so, make sure you've updated to the phpBB 3.2.0 compatible version (v2.0.0).

I was having problems with Notification settings that got resolved with updating the Board Rules extension.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams

whatnot

Post by whatnot » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:52 pm

No, not using that extension.
I tried disabling all the extensions and it didn't make a difference.

whatnot

Post by whatnot » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:43 pm

I had Filezilla set to auto instead of binary. Would that have screwed something up?

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:06 am

whatnot wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:43 pm
I had Filezilla set to auto instead of binary. Would that have screwed something up?
Filezilla must be sat to binary, old school. Yes, could be.

WinSCP for the winner.. :)
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
👨‍🏫 | Take a tour to | The Studio | 👨‍🏫

whatnot

Post by whatnot » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:50 am

If that did cause the issue, will just re-uploading the new files from the upgrade fix it?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:34 pm

the main problem with filezilla is that it treats files with no extension as ascii instead of binary.

the main problem with that is when transferring all the attachment files in the "files" folder. it will corrupt any and all images if transferred in ascii instead of binary.

therefore, you have to tweak that specific setting in filezilla.

having said all that, it is best to just set any ftp program to upload all files in binary. in the old days it was necessary to transfer text based files in ascii but now days you can transfer everything in binary without problem.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

whatnot

Post by whatnot » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:42 am

I finally got it fixed. It was a filezilla setting that caused it.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”