Different amount of total users in Who is online, Memberlist and Database

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.1.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: phpBB 3.1.x is at its End of Life stage and support will NOT be provided after July 1st, 2018.
HaloPolicja

Different amount of total users in Who is online, Memberlist and Database

Post by HaloPolicja » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:43 pm

My newest user have 2071 id, so why in WHO IS ONLINE I have Total members 1,240, in memberlist.php I have 1724 users and in database I have 2067 rows and how can I fix it? I tried to use Resynchronise statistics, but that doesn't do anything. Thank you for help.

I'm using phpbb 3.1.10 and I don't know if that's important, but I converted my forum to phpbb 3.1 from phpbb 2.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Different amount of total users in Who is online, Memberlist and Database

Post by KevC » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:00 pm

Anyone who registers, whether they are real or a spambot with get a new ID so if you have ever deleted any accounts, the total number keeps going up but the total number in the database will go down.

Also, phpBB2 used to count everyone as a member whether they had activated their account or not. phpBB 3.0 onwards only counted those who activated.

That's why you have discrepancies. I don't think there's an easy way to sync them. You're probably the only person who has noticed.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Different amount of total users in Who is online, Memberlist and Database

Post by stevemaury » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:11 pm

Bots also use user_ids, but are not counted in total users. Stop worrying about it. It means nothing.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.1.x] Support Forum”