[ABD] Forum AI v0.2.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
parad0x

Post by parad0x »

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... &start=975 My fault if I wasn't clear enough with the instructions.

First, find the largest file that will load without timing out (for this, I will assume that it is 400k). Since a 400K file has no problem, we will use that as our basline filesize. Take every other AIML file and split them up into smaller pieces until they are less than 400K.

To do this, open a text editing program and create a template containing the following information:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> 
<aiml version="1.0"> 

{paste DATA here}  // This line is just a place marker, do not include in the file

</aiml>
Then, go into the files that you want to split and grab the catagories like these:

<category>
<pattern>DEFINE AEP</pattern>
<template>
ArcExplorer Project File
</template>
</category>

<category>
<pattern>DEFINE AEU</pattern>
<template>
MS AutoRoute Express Europe Route
</template>
</category>

<category>
<pattern>DEFINE AEX</pattern>
<template>
PGP Armored Extracted Public Encryption Key [PGP]
</template>
</category>
Copy what you need and paste them (where it says Paste DATA here) into the template you just made being sure to keep your file size under 400K, or whatever you determined that it needs to be.

Save your new file (the template you just made) as whatever_pt1.aiml Continue using the same steps for whatever_pt2.aiml and so forth until you are done.

Upload your new (smaller) files and install them as you would any other AIML file.

Hope this makes sense. :D
Evil Fish

Post by Evil Fish »

dude, that is bloody brilliant! thanx :D
Trust

Post by Trust »

Yeah this mod owns.. Only I have a problem, the files don't install to the brain..

Look:
- IAI AIML Loading System -
This may take a while depending on how many AIML files you have choosen to load into the bot's brain.

If the script times out it is probably because your PHP is running in safe mode. Choose click safe mode box if this is the case.

SETTINGS:
Install all files: ON
Wipe files in brain: OFF
Write over existing files: ON
Loading in safe mode: OFF
Files to learn:
phpbb-faq.aiml, std-65percent.aiml, std-pickup.aiml, 1.aiml, 2.aiml, 3.aiml, 4.aiml, 5.aiml, 6.aiml, 8.aiml, 9.aiml, A.aiml, B.aiml, C.aiml, D.aiml, E.aiml, F.aiml, G.aiml, H.aiml, I.aiml, J.aiml, K.aiml, L.aiml, M.aiml, N.aiml, O.aiml, P.aiml, Q.aiml, R.aiml, S.aiml, star.aiml, T.aiml, U.aiml, under.aiml, V.aiml, W.aiml, X.aiml, Y.aiml, Z.aiml

LOADING FILES:

Loading file: phpbb-faq.aiml
Loading file: std-65percent.aiml
Loading file: std-pickup.aiml
Loading file: 1.aiml
Loading file: 2.aiml
Loading file: 3.aiml
Loading file: 4.aiml
Loading file: 5.aiml
Loading file: 6.aiml
Loading file: 8.aiml
Loading file: 9.aiml
Loading file: A.aiml
Loading file: B.aiml
Loading file: C.aiml
Loading file: D.aiml
XML error: mismatched tag at line 15430

I don't know what it means, can you help me?
mr.luc

Post by mr.luc »

what files are you using???
check the file... there probably is a tag error on that line in D.aiml

its xml (like html) if you have a <tag> you need a </tag>

the real alice files have typos in them because the chat bot program D doesn't really care.. but this hack cares and if you dont use the corrected ones it won't work...
on the first page zemaj posted some files that do work!
parad0x

Here's another one

Post by parad0x »

OK, so I had some free time today ... but this is the last one, I think :?

Same format as the previous ones here http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... &start=971

These AIML files are based on computer jargon. There are 4 files included in the zip. Here is the DL http://www.crucialpc.com/media/jargon.zip
mr.luc

Re: Here's another one

Post by mr.luc »

parad0x wrote: OK, so I had some free time today ...

Thanx man...

One stupid question..
I think it would be usefull if someone with autority...(hint zemaj)
could either group all the links and files that have been made... and posted..
A) the aiml files
B) the fixes and mods

i would suggest either on a site (thats why i thought of zemaj)
or start a new thread... with all the stuff on grouped in the first post

just a thought...
zemaj

Post by zemaj »

I'm still waiting for John to get back to me about some phpBB database info. Once I find out about that I hope I can get this mod out of development. I'll include all the fixes and mods in 1.0.0 and I'll add the AIML files to the sourceforge site. I was hoping to do it while I had some spare time over easter, but it looks like that won't be possible now, so I might have to put it back several months.

About the AIML files though - The ones parad0x have made are the only ones I've seen to come out of this community. I think there might have been one or two other way back in the thread somewhere, but not very many.

In the mean time, if you or anyone wants to go through the thread and get them all to together post it, then that would be very very very useful and make my job a lot quicker ;)

-zem
parad0x

more AIML files

Post by parad0x »

OK, I may be officially addicted to increasing the knowledge of my bot. Is there a support group for that sort of thing? :?

Anyway, new AIML files. These have all the phobias and philias in them. You can say: define acerophilia to get the definition, or just use it in a sentence. Also, she will respond to certain keywords and check to see if there is a related phobia or philia. May be better explained through an example:

Parad0x: my friends are going skydiving this weekend, but I don't want to go because I am afraid of heights
Jessica: I'm sorry to hear that Parad0x. WOW, a fear of heights. It must be difficult having Acrophobia
Parad0x: actually, I was just kidding. I have a love of heights
Jessica: Actually you don't say. I knew you were. :-)hmmm, a love of heights. I guess that means you have Acrophilia, Parad0x.
Parad0x: are you afraid of heights?
Jessica: Not really. I have never really been afraid of heights.
Parad0x: Some kids have achluophobia when they are young, but most seem to out grow it
Jessica: WOW, a fear of darkness. That must be very difficult.
Parad0x: can you imagine having that condition as an adult?
Jessica: I can imagine all sorts of things like that.
Parad0x: well, I guess that is just becuase you are so damn smart
Jessica: Is it only a guess? Interesting explanation. Thanks I think you are very intelligent too, Parad0x.

Well, enough with the words ... here are the files http://www.crucialpc.com/media/Love_and_Fear.zip

As always, I tested these on my bot just to make sure she didn't implode ... but don't come crying to me if your bot decides to take over the world :wink:
netclectic
Former Team Member

Re: more AIML files

Post by netclectic »

parad0x wrote: Jessica: Is it only a guess? Interesting explanation. Thanks I think you are very intelligent too, Parad0x.

Very cool, but i think you must have edited that last bit ;)
Defend the game:
parad0x

Post by parad0x »

lol, no editing ... I promise. Proof is in the pudding. Check her out for yourself :D She is at the forum in my sig. Just login and jump into chat at the bottom of the page.

Any ideas for AIML files?

Are there still people actively developing/contributing to this mod? Just curious, the thread seems to have died down quite a bit. /me thinks he might have got in on this one a little late and may be the only one messing with it :(
netclectic
Former Team Member

Post by netclectic »

I did write a little aiml builder thing for the admin control panel some time ago - http://www.netclectic.com/forums/files/ ... uilder.zip

I think the shear size of this thread has hampered and third party development recently. Hopefully zemaj will be able to work things out with John with regards to getting it into the mod db which will stimulate some interest (i'll give him a little poke!).
Defend the game:
parad0x

Line break in AIML

Post by parad0x »

@netclectic Just downloaded your AIML builder and plan to check it out very soon. Thanks for the link.

@zemaj Not sure that I could be much help, but let me know if there is anything I can do. I am very interested in this MOD and would love to see it grow.

@everyone This may sound like a fairly stupid question, but has anyone ever successfully caused a line break (break up the output) in an AIML file?

I have tried repeatedly to break to a new line within the <template></template> tags, but have had no luck. I have tried <br>, <br/>, <br /> ... but nothing seems to work. I noticed that some of the previous AIML files have the <br/> tag in them, but for whatever reason, they do not seem to work.

I have even enabled html (and have included it in the allowed html tags) on the forum, just in case it wasn't parsed before it reached the forum. But alas, no luck. I haven't been able to get a line break in a regular post from the bot or in Smartors chat, and would love to be able to cause one in both places.

example follows:

<category>
<pattern>QUESTION</pattern>
<template>
Response goes here.<br/>
This, I want on a new line.
</template>
Any ideas, or am I fighting a loosing battle?
GrandiJoos

Post by GrandiJoos »

Hey everybody,

I found this "MOD" today and I've read through some of this topics pages.

But what I wanted to ask was: how much space does amy take (especially database space). And are there dutch files (and where can I find them :lol: ).

By the way, the site from zemaj doesn't work completely, I mean, I cant really try the bot... (404 error).

Thanks already and she looks really cool from what I have seen. Keep on the hard work.

GrandiJoos :cool:
zemaj

Post by zemaj »

IAI is back on my priority list. Admittedly nothing on the list get much of a looking - but I'll do what I can. Like I said before - if anyone wants to go through the thread and pull out all the mods/ bugs etc... that have been fixed since 0.2.0 was released, then it would make things sooooo much faster for me. Still waiting on the database stuff, but I could fix everything else up.

:wink:

-zem
GrandiJoos

Re: Line break in AIML

Post by GrandiJoos »

parad0x wrote: example follows:

<category>
<template>
Response goes here.<br/>
</template>

Maybe dumm but what about:

<category>
<template>
Response goes here.
</template>
(a hard Enter).

If it does not work, maybe saving it in unix format will work?

I'm testing IAI on my forum now and its works with no errors :D .

GrandiJoos :cool:

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”