[3.2][3.3][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Naguissa
Name: Naguissa

Re: [3.2][3.3][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

Post by Naguissa »

halil16 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:59 pm Maybe I can contribute. I customized this extension myself. I turned it into a "like" extension.
It was simple to do, although it took my time. Actually, all I did was change the icons and adjust some minor fixes and translations. I think it would be nice for the extension to move in that direction. I don't know, everyone's style is different. But thank you very much for offering these features.
Icons can be changed in ACP just from 3.3.0 version:
Naguissa wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:11 pm New release, version 3.3.0.

- Added config options to change thanks / remove thanks button symbols.
- A little code cleaning

[...]

About translations, it's quite easy for any speaker, but it would mean to maintain both translations for all languages. I only talk spanish, catalan and english (I can understand and check obvious mistakes in portuguese and italian, and maybe a little bit of french). But for all other languages I sometimes have contributions or I have to use Google translate....

[EDIT:]

Also take in mind that the feature is called "Thanks" in Tapatalk, and like support is not complete in original mobiquo folder (thanks feature was commented-out but was there, in the code, that's why I was able to correct and reactivate it).
halil16
Name: Halil

Post by halil16 »

I understood. Actually, I hadn't checked the settings for a long time. Now I looked again but only what you mentioned in "rating" settings is possible. I don't know, I also made some tweaks to turn it into a "like" feature.

It would be nice on the ACP could actually choose whether to "like" or "thank you".

If it's "like" to "heart", if it's "thanks" to "up finger" (?) icon appears.

If I have time, I can help to translate the current translation files into Turkish.
* Hire me at fiverr for your phpBB board.
"The day we will need ideas more than possessions, we will find the secret to true wealth." - Peyami Safa
I'm learning English...
Contributions: #Hashtag, Elegance, Latte
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

halil16 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:08 am I understood. Actually, I hadn't checked the settings for a long time. Now I looked again but only what you mentioned in "rating" settings is possible. I don't know, I also made some tweaks to turn it into a "like" feature.

It would be nice on the ACP could actually choose whether to "like" or "thank you".

If it's "like" to "heart", if it's "thanks" to "up finger" (?) icon appears.

If I have time, I can help to translate the current translation files into Turkish.
On main configuration, at bottom:

Few pages ago in this thread:
Naguissa wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:47 pm About replacing options, it uses FontAwesome, but a trimmed or old version, as it doesn't have a lot of the symbols.

You can see icons here: https://fontawesome.com/v5.15/icons?d=g ... p=2&m=free

To choose one you have to get its name and add "fa-" prior to it.

I.e.:
Heart for thanks: fa-heart
Broken heart for remove is not available on this version (on default template; maybe it's available on custom themes), but it should be fa-heart-broken

You can leave default one; the recycle symbol....

Like: fa-thumbs-up
Dislike (for removing): fa-thumbs-down
halil16

Post by halil16 »

I think I'm using the version in the extension database. In general I prefer to use the ones in the database. But do you think I need to download and install it again from here? Because it achieves what I want and there is no problem. Maybe I'll update it in the next stable version.
"The day we will need ideas more than possessions, we will find the secret to true wealth." - Peyami Safa
I'm learning English...
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

halil16 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:14 am I think I'm using the version in the extension database. In general I prefer to use the ones in the database. But do you think I need to download and install it again from here? Because it achieves what I want and there is no problem. Maybe I'll update it in the next stable version.
I think this extension will not be on database until very long time. When I tried I always got "problems" to add it. Then the other (original) extension was approved with all problems I was told they were blockers in it. Then I understood and desisted trying to it be approved.

I think I will need to radically change this from original (maybe now?), rename the folder (just done on 4.0.0), maybe rename the extension and finally change its main table to have a chance to be approved.
halil16

Post by halil16 »

Naguissa wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:22 am
I think this extension will not be on database until very long time. When I tried I always got "problems" to add it. Then the other (original) extension was approved with all problems I was told they were blockers in it. Then I understood and desisted trying to it be approved.

I think I will need to radically change this from original (maybe now?), rename the folder (just done on 4.0.0), maybe rename the extension and finally change its main table to have a chance to be approved.
So when the time comes and I choose it, can I recover the data? So can the likes stay the same?
I'm learning English...
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

halil16 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:27 am
Naguissa wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:22 am

So when the time comes and I choose it, can I recover the data? So can the likes stay the same?

Yes.

Now it can be done, but only from any version to this extension. It even manages data from old MOD.

In the future, I plan to rename the table and then copy everything from original one.
halil16

Post by halil16 »

By the way, I just discovered a problem. I don't know if it has been mentioned before. As it is no longer used in topics with new phpBB releases I did these steps to remove the forum parameter:

all on page helper.php

I removed the 'f=' . $forum_id . 's. I replaced the ones that said &p= with p=.

It's like no problem.
I'm learning English...
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

halil16 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:46 am By the way, I just discovered a problem. I don't know if it has been mentioned before. As it is no longer used in topics with new phpBB releases I did these steps to remove the forum parameter:

all on page helper.php

I removed the 'f=' . $forum_id . 's. I replaced the ones that said &p= with p=.

It's like no problem.
Thanks, I'll check it....
GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

If you are going to fully refactor all the code in your extension version & separate it from original, then you should change RC to version some number Alpha/Develop + if it is not in CDB yet, then you don't have to maintain conversion from mod to extension or database as general (change it as many times as needed) and just focus on what is important.
Usus est magister optimus! phpBB pre-Triton & latest php environment.
When answer lies in the question, question becomes redundant!
javitopo

Post by javitopo »

Sorry if the answer is somewhere, but I can't find it.

Is it possible to install your thanks for posts extension without losing the thanks of the rxu thanks for posts extension, how would it be done?

Thanks
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

javitopo wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:35 am Sorry if the answer is somewhere, but I can't find it.

Is it possible to install your thanks for posts extension without losing the thanks of the rxu thanks for posts extension, how would it be done?

Thanks
Yes. On all versions, specially on last one (on this version it looks even for old phpBB MODs).

There`s a migration script that tracks all needed changes: creation or migration, as needed.

But as always, I recommend do a backup before, only if there's anything that goes wrong.
peyman974

Post by peyman974 »

after update from 3.2.19 to 4.0.2 I have 2 thanks for post extension

delete old version show this error message in my forum and 4.0.2 version don't work (phpbb3.3.7):

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/naguissa/thanksforposts/core/helper.php on line 584: round() expects parameter 2 to be int, string given
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

peyman974 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:37 am after update from 3.2.19 to 4.0.2 I have 2 thanks for post extension

delete old version show this error message in my forum and 4.0.2 version don't work (phpbb3.3.7):

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/naguissa/thanksforposts/core/helper.php on line 584: round() expects parameter 2 to be int, string given
Check ACP --> Extensions --> The number of decimal places for rating

Make sure is correctly set.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

@ Naguissa read this: viewtopic.php?p=15816021#p15816021 ;)
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Return to “Extensions in Development”