[3.2][RC] Auto-Resize Images Server-side

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
dingus33

Re: [3.2][RC] Auto-Resize Images Server-side

Post by dingus33 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:29 am

Exabot wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:14 pm
Ext not working phpbb 3.2.5
thank you for your report. looking at the phpbb changelogs, i predicted it would stop working.
i haven't fixed it because i haven't upgraded my board yet, but i think i know what the problem is:
IIRC i read that phpbb dropped support for imagemagick, and there is some phpbb config setting that defines where the imagemagick libs/bins are located on the system. i'm guessing that phpbb setting got removed, so i just have to add something equivalent to the ACP panel for my extension so people can define the path to imagemagick. should be an easy fix.

is it urgent? i'll work on it sooner if so.

edit: yes, it looks like they made the change in 3.2.4: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2492206

Exabot
Translator

Post by Exabot » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:43 am

dingus33 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:29 am
Exabot wrote:
thank you for your report. looking at the phpbb changelogs, i predicted it would stop working.
i haven't fixed it because i haven't upgraded my board yet, but i think i know what the problem is:
IIRC i read that phpbb dropped support for imagemagick, and there is some phpbb config setting that defines where the imagemagick libs/bins are located on the system. i'm guessing that phpbb setting got removed, so i just have to add something equivalent to the ACP panel for my extension so people can define the path to imagemagick. should be an easy fix.

edit: yes, it looks like they made the change in 3.2.4: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2492206
Yes, Imagemagick was removed. Actually, its a bit quick because big pictures are uploaded to the forum. :)

canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Post by canonknipser » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:53 pm

In the meantime, you can try this extension of mine: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... umbnailer/ - written because of the removal of imagemagick direct calls. This is just for creating the thumbs.
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB

Exabot
Translator

Post by Exabot » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:28 am

dingus33 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:29 am
Exabot wrote:

News? :)

Fezroux

Post by Fezroux » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:30 am

As an owner of a forum that revolves around members uploaded images, this extension was a total blessing. It would be a wonderful thing If it could be modified to work with 3.2.5.

Exabot
Translator

Post by Exabot » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:37 am

Fezroux wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:30 am
As an owner of a forum that revolves around members uploaded images, this extension was a total blessing. It would be a wonderful thing If it could be modified to work with 3.2.5.
Yes, it is!

Return to “Extensions in Development”