added a code to footer and it works in all forums but the first one

Need some custom code changes to the phpBB core simple enough that you feel doesn't require an extension? Then post your request here so that community members can provide some assistance.

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
TheButcher2

added a code to footer and it works in all forums but the first one

Post by TheButcher2 »

Now I am confused, I added a little "addthis" code to the footer.php it shows up on all forums but the first forum here https://www.sponsor.chat/viewforum.php?f=3

I cleared the board cache, cleared my browser history in Firefox and chrome, it is on the "page source" but won't show up in the browsers, what is going on.

The forum is https://www.sponsor.chat and it is absent only on this forum https://www.sponsor.chat/viewforum.php?f=3

Any ideas what the story is guys?

Peace
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: added a code to footer and it works in all forums but the first one

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

what does "add this" mean? what exactly did you add to the file and what file exactly did you add it to.

you don't add things to the php files to make them show up on the page, you add things to the html files normally.

you need to be specific when you ask for help.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

Sorry Lumpy I meant to say I added it to the overall_footer.html in my style "custom"

It's a simple script that shows social site buttons. It shows the buttons on every forum in the footer except for my first forum.
Lumpy Burgertushie

as a guest , I don't see the share buttons on any page of your site.
I do see this in your overall_footer.html file: <div class="addthis_inline_share_toolbox"></div>
where is that class defined? what css file?

robert

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:59 am as a guest , I don't see the share buttons on any page of your site.
I do see this in your overall_footer.html file: <div class="addthis_inline_share_toolbox"></div>
where is that class defined? what css file?

robert
BTW you do not have to be logged in.

That's the weird thing Lumpy, the code is on the overall_footer.html

You can go to any topic in any forum it shows up, except for the "Lounge" forum.

EG this topic in "Business Discussions" has the same code and the social media buttons show in the bottom of the page
https://www.sponsor.chat/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=395

Then:

For example this topic in the Lounge has the same code on the overall_footer.html
https://www.sponsor.chat/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=417

That's what puzzles me the social media buttons code is there.

Thanks for you help
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

I do not see any social media button in any topic or any forum in the footer or anywhere.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

stevemaury wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:58 pm I do not see any social media button in any topic or any forum in the footer or anywhere.
Hi Steve

Here is a screen shot of a thread in "Business Discussion" forum with the social buttons in the footer, it works for every topic in every forum except for
the first forum "Lounge"

Thanks for your help and time Steve.

Peace
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 11.11.08 AM.png
Lumpy Burgertushie

the point is that nobody but you seems to be able to see it.

purge the cache from the admin panel and see if you can still see the buttons.

robert

TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

Hi Robert

I'm sorry been calling you "Lumpy" all this while from your nick.

I did that a few times. I just created a new forum called "Contests & Prizes" and moved a thread there, I see it in this new forum too. I cleared the board cache again before making this post btw.

Now for the funny part, when this same topic https://www.sponsor.chat/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=417 was in the "Lounge" forum there were no social buttons, when i created the new forum and moved it there they show up.

But all other topics in the "Lounge" do not have those buttons.

Here is a screen shot of that new forum
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 11.35.25 AM.png
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

Have you tried clearing your browser cache as well?
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

P_I wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:47 pm Have you tried clearing your browser cache as well?

Yes sir, on my Chrome and FireFox, multiple times. Checked it on the iphone, Ipad and desk top. No matter what I can't see those social buttons in the one forum "The Lounge" https://www.sponsor.chat/viewforum.php?f=3

That's what I can not figure out, if the code is on overall_footer.html and shows up on all forums, why not that forum.

Thanks for taking the time to reply btw. This is weird to say the least.

Peace
Lumpy Burgertushie

do you have some type of server caching running like cloudfare?

robert

TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:12 pm do you have some type of server caching running like cloudfare?

robert
No sir I have nothing like that at all. This is baffling me. I cleared the board cache multiple times, I cleared everything on my FF and Chrome a few times. I just can't figure out why they don't show on the one forum and every other forum even a new forum I created today. I do a view source of the pages, the code is there. I do not claim to know phpbb that well, but if the code is on the overall_footer.html and shows up on all forums except the one, it has to show on all forums. Unless I am wrong. I just can't figure out what is going on.

Thanks for your time and help

Peace
canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Post by canonknipser »

Better to ask there, where you get that banner script from - as far as i can see on your page source, it adds a hidden iframe in a total off-position div with javascript pointing to external servers ...
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

canonknipser wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:34 pm Better to ask there, where you get that banner script from - as far as i can see on your page source, it adds a hidden iframe in a total off-position div with javascript pointing to external servers ...

Not to be rude or seem that way but I doubt that is the problem, it's "addthis" a very popular tool to show social media buttons on sites, I was using it for years on my previous forum (not phpbb) and it works great on all forums on https://www.sponsor.chat except that one forum. I doubt they will have a reply. Again not being rude and I appreciate your time and help.

What i am trying to figure out, this has become a challenge, why would the code on overall_footer.html work on every forum except the one.

Peace

Return to “phpBB Custom Coding”