Year has to Change Dynamically in Copyright 2018

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
jade206

Year has to Change Dynamically in Copyright 2018

Post by jade206 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:04 am

I want to remove "Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited." and replace "Copyright © 2016 XXXXX Software Pvt Ltd.".

But 2016 has to change dynamically every year.

It is possible to do like that??

Thank's a lot for your support.

Yes - but it is unlikely that you will get any help here in removing the phpBB copyright.

Please explain why you want to remove the copyright.

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Year has to Change Dynamically in Copyright 2018

Post by Mick » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:35 am

Your post(s) are a little difficult to understand but I’ll have a go. There is no strict rule anymore about removing the copyright but individual users and staff have the right not to give support for boards with the copyright removed. I personally think that the people giving you excellent software and many thousands of man hours for free should at least be given a little bit of credit, ie; the copyright. If you wish to have your copyright there is no issue just have it as well as not instead of.

If you want to dynamically change the date on your copyright you should make an extension request
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

There are no ‘threads’ in phpBB, they are topics.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”