[2.0.11] Accurate BBCode Insertion Mod

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
64%
Very Good
4%
Good
14%
Fair
7%
Poor
11%

Total votes: 28

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.11] Accurate BBCode Insertion Mod

Post by Extensions Robot » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:36 pm

MOD Name: Accurate BBCode Insertion Mod
Author: Lord Z
MOD Description: This mod will insert BBCode accuratly into a post, (at the caret position) instead of putting it at the bottom.

MOD Version: 1.0.0

Download File: Accurate_BBCode_Insertion_Mod.mod
mods overview page: View
File Size: 4544 Bytes

Security Score: 0
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extensions Team)

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:53 pm

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
This MOD will allow bbcode tags to be inserted after the caret position while posting.

BittenApple

Post by BittenApple » Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:17 pm

Wow dude, im not joking, I was going to post in Mod requests for this. thanks so much! :lol:
My forums:

http://bittenapple.bi.funpic.org/forum/

Sorry, but youll have to copy and paste!

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:09 am

Everything installed into my 2.0.11 board, which includes 24 different themes, without any errors using EasyMod, yet it doesn't seem to work at all. I checked the subSilver posting_body.tpl to make sure that it actually had been modified, and it has. I do use a paperwood sub-template on my board within the subSilver template, but I don't see anything in it that would be causing any conflicts with this MOD...

What other things could be preventing this MOD from working on my board? It still works just like it always has...

:?:

niksa

Post by niksa » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:48 pm

NightriderXP wrote: Everything installed into my 2.0.11 board, which includes 24 different themes, without any errors using EasyMod, yet it doesn't seem to work at all. I checked the subSilver posting_body.tpl to make sure that it actually had been modified, and it has. I do use a paperwood sub-template on my board within the subSilver template, but I don't see anything in it that would be causing any conflicts with this MOD...

What other things could be preventing this MOD from working on my board? It still works just like it always has...

:?:

Which browser are you using? It works on IE for me, but it won't work with Mozilla Firefox.

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:05 pm

I'm using Opera. If this MOD is browser specific, it isn't good enough for our needs and I will be terribly disappointed. Most of my members are either using a Gecko browser or Opera...

:cry:

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye » Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:16 pm

Damn, major let down if it won't work with Mozilla / Netscape, but I know that some things like that do only work with IE which is a shame :(
Customisations Team Member

Manipe
Former Team Member

Post by Manipe » Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:23 pm

Call me stupid, but can someone tell me what it does.
I've read the description, but I still can't make out what it is.
A demo maybe?
My MODs: [ Topics a user has started ] , [ Profile views ] , [ Colour on poll results ] , [ Topic posters ] , [ Add number to PM ] , [ Default avatar ] , [ View category name ] , [ Null vote ] , [ Forum description in viewforum ] , [ Resync forum ids ] , [ View PM while replying ] , [ Quick poll insert ] , [ Limit login attempts ] , [ Track PMs ]

www.ManipeF1.com

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye » Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:40 pm

Adds bbCode when you click it to where the text curser is basically, not the end of the text
Customisations Team Member

Shof515

Post by Shof515 » Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:49 pm

if only there is a way to get it work with firefox
Whos missing up my sig?

Doctor Love

FireFox and the Caret

Post by Doctor Love » Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:22 pm

FireFox doesn't need it. With FireFox, all you have to do is highlight the word or words you want BB Coded, and then click on the BB Code button and Voila, the before text and after text BB Codes are magically inserted. That is IF you have BB Code buttons (I do). This highlighting scheme does not work with Safari for Mac OS X.

Doc

UPDATE: Okay I installed the MOD and it made zero difference with MAC OS X versions of FireFox or Safari, But I left it in just in case it will assist others.
Last edited by Doctor Love on Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aleichem Shalom,

Doctor Love

DragonHart

Post by DragonHart » Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:27 pm

GREAT MOD M8 :!:

This is a mod that evryone can use 8)

good job 8)

Lord Z

Post by Lord Z » Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:23 am

The mod uses a code wich is quite similar to the code used to insert emoticons into posts. If your browser doesn't support that code, that is, it won't insert emoticons after the caret position when you click them, this mod won't work. The mod will instead resume the old way of placing BBCode.

In IE however, the mod will work, and that usually counts for about three out of four visitors.
I speak in shadows,
a shadow over truth.

darakhshan

Post by darakhshan » Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:05 pm

I have already used another hack for my posting body tpl and I can not find the codes this mod mentions any body can help I say Thank You
if not no problem I just give up here is my whole posting body tp

:lol:

Code: Select all

Please dont post large amounts of code.  Put the code in a .txt file on your site and link to it instead.  Thanks -- wGEric

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:47 pm

Lord Z wrote: In IE however, the mod will work, and that usually counts for about three out of four visitors.

I only know of one of my members who is uisng IE. Gecko browsers are by far the favorite on my board, followed by Opera. We need a MOD that will work with these other very popular browsers too. If this MOD only works with IE, it is litterally worthless for a great many people, including the overwhelming majority of my members...

:(

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”