user registration settings
new member post limit
This means new accounts can only post freely after their first post has been approved.
But ideally you want to stop them registering to begin with.
Use the built in Q&A antispam to set a question that cannot be searched for. Preferably something about your board, the logo etc.
How to configure Q&A
- Administration Control Panel (ACP) > Spambot countermeasures> Installed plugins > click the dropdown box and select Q&A (it will be greyed out)
- Click the configure button then click add
- Add your question and answer (you need a Q&A for each language you have installed) click submit
- Click "back to previous page" then click "back"
- Select Q&A from the dropdown box (again)
- Click submit at the bottom of the page.