Error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds .../public_html/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
odf

Error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds .../public_html/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php

Post by odf » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:33 am

Hello,

This error

Code: Select all

PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/domain/public_html/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php on line 2397
causes a forum that is run by phpBB 3.2.1 to disappear and it happens when I clear the cache, disable/enable extension or delete extension data in the ACP.

What is the fix for the error?

thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Re: Error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds .../public_html/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php

Post by thecoalman » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:18 am

The maximum execution time is limitation set in the php.ini , you may or may not be able to change it depending on your hosts policies. You'd have to consult your hosts documentation or support for further information.

On a side note that is excessive amount of time which could be the result of many things including slow host.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison

odf

Re: Error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds .../public_html/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php

Post by odf » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:09 am

thecoalman wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:18 am
The maximum execution time is limitation set in the php.ini , you may or may not be able to change it depending on your hosts policies. You'd have to consult your hosts documentation or support for further information.

On a side note that is excessive amount of time which could be the result of many things including slow host.
Thank you for a reply. Slow host is probably not because there are a lot other websites and apps in the same server and are working great. As you can see 30 sec is too much time. Even the forum runs well except this problem will happen when I carry one of the actions mentioned above! It can disappear even for the entire day!

Any other suggestion to solve this problem?

janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:24 pm

What php version?
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!

odf

Post by odf » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:11 pm

janus_zonstraal wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:24 pm
What php version?
PHP v 7.0.

The problem is very strange!

Scanialady
Name: Annette

Post by Scanialady » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:28 pm

do you use PHP as Apache module or as CGI FPM? Apache module causes strange errors sometimes (hoster related; ownership of folders/files, chmod...) - have a look at it. Better to use CGI FPM. I have had similiar problems shortly (timeout if I tried to backup database) - they could not solve it, finally I moved my sites to a better hoster.
Webseite, Blog, Wiki Deutsche Übersetzungen - german language files
My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:47 pm

odf wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:33 am
when I clear the cache, disable/enable extension or delete extension data in the ACP.
It takes a while to rebuild everything in the cache. If the server is slow, it may take more than one try. If you get that error message, just load the forum index in another tab and reload it every time it fails. It should be able to complete eventually.

You should post your complete list of extensions and BBCodes for reference.
I wrote the thing that does BBCodes in 3.2.

odf

Post by odf » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:29 am

Scanialady wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:28 pm
do you use PHP as Apache module or as CGI FPM? Apache module causes strange errors sometimes (hoster related; ownership of folders/files, chmod...) - have a look at it. Better to use CGI FPM. I have had similiar problems shortly (timeout if I tried to backup database) - they could not solve it, finally I moved my sites to a better hoster.
PHP as Apache module used!

odf

Post by odf » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:54 pm

JoshyPHP wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:47 pm
odf wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:33 am
when I clear the cache, disable/enable extension or delete extension data in the ACP.
It takes a while to rebuild everything in the cache. If the server is slow, it may take more than one try. If you get that error message, just load the forum index in another tab and reload it every time it fails. It should be able to complete eventually.

You should post your complete list of extensions and BBCodes for reference.
Which BBcodes or extensions are known to have an issue?

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:03 pm

None, to my knowledge. Why didn't you post the list? This is very inefficient.
I wrote the thing that does BBCodes in 3.2.

odf

Post by odf » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:32 pm

JoshyPHP wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:03 pm
None, to my knowledge. Why didn't you post the list? This is very inefficient.
I can't provide the exact list of extensions because I'm unable to access the ACP, in the ext folder there are many extensions but not all are in use, so I can't remember which are activated and which are not! The forum went off.

thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:44 pm

odf wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:32 pm
I'm unable to access the ACP .... The forum went off.
This was not very clear from the start. Using FTP client you can try deleting everything in the cache folder except the .htaccess and index.htm files.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

odf

Post by odf » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:59 pm

Few extensions I remember are: Magic OGP links, Postreactions (dev), thanks for posts, simple mentions, post numbers, mchat, recent/active topics, media embed, share on. All extensions have been in use for quite a while. I wanted to delete some extensions and their data, and that is how the problem started.

odf

Post by odf » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:00 am

thecoalman wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:44 pm
odf wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:32 pm
I'm unable to access the ACP .... The forum went off.
This was not very clear from the start. Using FTP client you can try deleting everything in the cache folder except the .htaccess and index.htm files.
There is always one folder named production, deleted it many times with no hope!

thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:03 am

odf wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:59 pm
I wanted to delete some extensions and their data, and that is how the problem started.
Which extension were you deleting disabling when this occurred?

------edit-----

More precisely which one were you disabling or deleting the data for?

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”