picaron wrote: ↑Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:45 pmExtension Name: Anti AdblockWarning: In case there is a previous version of this extension installed in the path
/ext/Picaron/AntiAdblock, it is necessary to delete it completely by deleting all the saved data and files hosted on the server prior to the installation of the version 1.2.0, following the steps described in the
README.mdfile included in the extension itself.
This extension warns users who use Ad Blockers on our website.
It is fully configurable, being able to select the position and type of the warning message, the time to be displayed, the delay between the warnings and the option to close the message by means of a button with a countdown.
It includes the management of permissions of User Groups and Forums to be able to define when and to whom the warnings will be shown.
It is possible to create texts for as many languages as necessary.
The user who accesses our website and does not have the text of the warning defined in their language, will see the default warning in English.
Anti Adblock 1.2.0
Supported Templates: All.
- phpBB >=3.2.4
- PHP >=5.6
Download Anti Adblock 1.2.0
- 1.0.0 - First release. Code is based in antiblock.org.
- 1.0.2 - Optimization of the code. Configuration options are included in the ACP.
- Added option for warning in upper part of the forum.
- The configuration in the ACP is transferred to the EXTENSIONS tab.
- Language management is included.
- Added the management of forums and main pages where the Warning will be displayed.
- The permission management for Users Groups and Forums is added.
- The code is optimized.
- The development of the extension in the path
- Download the latest release.
- Unzip the downloaded release.
- Copy the content of
- Enable extension in the ACP.
- Configure by navigating in the ACP -> EXTENSIONS -> Anti Adblock
Entering into a debate about the ethics that each one has on the topic of advertising on web pages, is not the purpose of this thread.
I have limited myself to creating a tool that can be used by anyone who considers it.
You might want to read up on Including CSS and JS since in this form your extension certainly won't get validated.
Apart from that, interesting extension. Your approach is a bit rough though; it makes the site unusable when an adblocker is active. Many sites just display a message instead; asking to disable the adblocker. You even might want to consider to show only the first post of topics with activated adblocker but completely disabling will probably just alienate the visitors.