Syncing WordPress + Community (phpBB) Registered Users

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
kylewalkerup

Syncing WordPress + Community (phpBB) Registered Users

Post by kylewalkerup » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:53 pm

Hi,

I am not existing user of phpBB, but I am interested in having a support forum on my website. My website is about home renovations and general contracting services and it is using a WordPress script.

What I wanted to know is that, if I install phpBB forum on my domain lets say .ca/forum then is it possible to sync the registered users of WordPress and the phpBB forum?

If anyone registered on my WordPress blog, he should be able to use the same login details to login on the forum without requiring to register again on the forum using same details. And if anyone registered on my forum, he should be able to login to WordPress blog to participate in the discussions. Is it possible?

I know this is possible if I use BuddyPress or bbPress, but I have never used those forums and I don't know how to work with those. I am familiar with phpBB and SMF as I have used both the scripts in past and I know different mods and I can manage the member's groups and their permissions very efficiently as compared to bbPress or BuddyPress.

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Syncing WordPress + Community (phpBB) Registered Users

Post by stevemaury » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:52 pm

For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. PM or email me.

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.

kylewalkerup

Post by kylewalkerup » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:29 pm

This is great :) I did't knew that this option is available in WordPress plugin... I thought solution should be available in the forum :) Thank you for this

kylewalkerup

Post by kylewalkerup » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:41 pm

Kindly tell me one more thing, with this option enabled (i.e syncing WordPress and phpBB users) my forum members can still register on the forum from the forum's registration form? Right?

pikachuturkey
Name: Rıza

Post by pikachuturkey » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:46 am

kylewalkerup wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:41 pm
Kindly tell me one more thing, with this option enabled (i.e syncing WordPress and phpBB users) my forum members can still register on the forum from the forum's registration form? Right?
There is an information about this:
Login/logout widget (users can login/logout/register on either WordPress or phpBB).
Health For Everyone ==> www.saglikforum.org

kylewalkerup

Post by kylewalkerup » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:17 pm

Thank you for the help.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”