timeout and DependencyInjection\Exception\RuntimeException when install new phpbb in xampp localhost

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
capherla

timeout and DependencyInjection\Exception\RuntimeException when install new phpbb in xampp localhost

Post by capherla » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:33 am

I got this error when install phpbb in xampp in my pc.

"The installer detected a timeout

The installer has detected a timeout, you may try to refresh the page, which may lead to data corruption. We suggest that you either increase your timeout settings or try to use the CLI."

I increased "Maximum amount of memory a script may consume" from 120M to
memory_limit=1280M
and "Maximum execution time of each script" from 30 to
max_execution_time=30000000

Then I run
php bin/phpbbcli.php in cmd
which is mentioned in https://area51.phpbb.com/docs/dev/3.2.x ... arted.html

Console shows

F:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB3>php bin/phpbbcli.php
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\RuntimeExcept
ion: A string value must be composed of strings and/or numbers, but found parameter "cor
e.table_prefix" of type NULL inside string value "%core.table_prefix%oauth_tokens". in F
:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB3\vendor\symfony\dependency-injection\ParameterBag\ParameterBag.php:
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ParameterBag\ParameterBag-
>Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ParameterBag\{closure}(Array)
#1 F:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB3\vendor\symfony\dependency-injection\ParameterBag\ParameterBag.
php(226): preg_replace_callback('/%%|%([^%\\s]+)%...', Object(Closure), '%core.table_pre
...')
#2 F:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB3\vendor\symfony\dependency-injection\ParameterBag\ParameterBag.
php(171): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ParameterBag\ParameterBag->resolveString
('%core.table_pre...', Array)
#3 F:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB3\vendor\symfony\dependency-injection\ParameterBag\ParameterBag.

Please help. Thanks

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: timeout and DependencyInjection\Exception\RuntimeException when install new phpbb in xampp localhost

Post by Mick » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:13 am

Is this the same as your issue? viewtopic.php?t=2449261#p14880121 There are other cases on here if you search the error messages.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

There are no ‘threads’ in phpBB, they are topics.

capherla

Re: timeout and DependencyInjection\Exception\RuntimeException when install new phpbb in xampp localhost

Post by capherla » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:47 am

is there a document to instruct how to install with cli?

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:58 am

I've never used cli personally (not for phpBB anyway) but this seems quite thorough https://area51.phpbb.com/docs/dev/3.1.x ... arted.html

Note Paul's comment in the other topic:
Paul wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:20 pm
You need to use the phpbbcli.php in the install/ directory.
There are other cases such as viewtopic.php?p=14896191 If you search 'install cli' via this board there are quite a few similar hits.

capherla

Post by capherla » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:26 am

I got this error now

F:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB3>php install/phpbbcli.php install install/install-config.sample.ym
l

0/13 >----------------------------------------------------------- 0%

[ERROR] Could not connect to the database, see error message below.
MySQL server has
gone away

[ERROR] Config file is missing data or might contain invalid settings.

david63
Jr. Extension Validator
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:16 am

Out of curiosity - why are you trying to install phpBB on your local PC via CLI? You can have it installed in a couple of minutes by using the "normal" install method.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

capherla

Post by capherla » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:35 am

david63 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:16 am
Out of curiosity - why are you trying to install phpBB on your local PC via CLI? You can have it installed in a couple of minutes by using the "normal" install method.

Because I got this error when using browser to install phpbb in xampp in my pc.

The installer has detected a timeout, you may try to refresh the page, which may lead to data corruption. We suggest that you either increase your timeout settings or try to use the CLI."

david63
Jr. Extension Validator
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:45 am

So if you are running it on you local PC then you just need to increase the runtime in your php.ini file.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:17 am

capherla wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:35 am
Because I got this error when using browser to install phpbb in xampp in my pc.

A timeout during install? That's very peculiar. I've installed phpBB (many versions) locally, with many personal webservers and never had a timeout. Even with USBWebserver, the slowest of them all, never a timeout.
A bug is a feature that hasn't made it to the manual (yet)

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:25 am

Try another server such as WAMP and see if that works.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”